We are committed to making reasonable adjustment to help reduce the effect of an impairment or medical condition that places you at a substantial disadvantage in your learning, teaching or assessment situation. For example, adjustments to assessments such as extra time, use of a computer or alternative assessment.
If you wish to transfer support that you currently receive from Social Services, please discuss this with your social services department.
If you feel that you may need support or assistance moving away from home, please contact Disability Service to discuss this.
Depending on your eligibility, funding can cover such things as support workers and specialist equipment.
The support and equipment you will receive at the University is normally decided through your Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) Study Needs Assessment. Depending on your support needs the following may be applicable to you:
- general support workers eg specialist lab support
- provision of assistive technology (equipment and software)
- ergonomic aids such as mouse, chairs, table etc
- exam adjustments such as extra time, rest breaks etc
- printing and photocopying allowances.