Disclosure for applicants

If you have not yet applied, please disclose your mobility impairment when you apply for a place. If you have already applied but not disclosed, you can do so by sending your medical evidence to us at disability@uwe.ac.uk and we will get back in touch with you.

Reasonable adjustments

We are committed to making reasonable adjustment to help reduce the effect of an impairment or medical condition that places you at a substantial disadvantage in your learning, teaching or assessment situation. For example, adjustments to assessments such as extra time, use of a computer or alternative assessment.

Find out how to request adjustments

Additional support

If you wish to transfer support that you currently receive from Social Services, please discuss this with your social services department.

If you feel that you may need support or assistance moving away from home, please contact Disability Service to discuss this.


Depending on your eligibility, funding can cover such things as support workers and specialist equipment.

We strongly recommend you apply for Disabled Student Allowances (DSAs) as soon as possible and at least three months before you start your course, if you are eligible. If you are not eligible for DSAs please contact Disability Service.

Study support

The support and equipment you will receive at the University is normally decided through your Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) Study Needs Assessment. Depending on your support needs the following may be applicable to you:

  • general support workers eg specialist lab support
  • provision of assistive technology (equipment and software)
  • ergonomic aids such as mouse, chairs, table etc
  • exam adjustments such as extra time, rest breaks etc
  • printing and photocopying allowances.

You should also look at the range of university study skills support as well as Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) sessions.

A student sat in a wheelchair, painting.

More support for impairments

Get more information and advice on support for any impairments.

More support for impairments