Find out more about Clearing - from what it is, to the key dates you'll need to be aware of.
You're in control
Clearing offers you the perfect opportunity to stop and think about your options. And we know that when you stop and think, great things can happen. So take some time to consider your options and choose the right university and course for you this September.
At UWE Bristol, we encourage you to choose your passion and we’ll give you everything you need to succeed. So you can expect to leave us as a ‘career-ready’ graduate, who stands out from the crowd.
Clearing gives you a great opportunity to consider your plans and find the best option for you.
What is Clearing?
Clearing is part of the UCAS application process that matches applicants with available spaces. You can use Clearing to find a university place if:
- you haven’t had any offers (or none that you wish to accept)
- you didn’t meet the conditions of your offer
- you applied after the UCAS deadline of 30 June 2022
- you're not waiting on the results of any pending qualifications.
Making the most of Clearing
To find out how Clearing works at UWE Bristol join this webinar run by our Admissions team on the 13 July 2022. You’ll hear from admissions staff plus our current student ambassadors, who will share their experiences of student life, as well as what makes studying in Bristol a great option.
Any questions about Clearing?
Our friendly Admissions team is available if you have any questions about Clearing. Call us now on +44 (0)117 32 83333.
Our phone line opening times are:
- Monday – Thursday – 09:00–17:00
- Friday – 09:00–16:30
- Saturday and Sunday – closed.
- Thursday 30 June – after this date, any applications made through UCAS are automatically entered into Clearing.
- Monday 4 July – the last date to apply via UCAS Extra.
- Tuesday 5 July – Clearing opens for those who don't hold any offers and our Clearing courses are published.
- Thursday 18 August – A-level results day - if you had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, or you'd like to explore other options, you can use Clearing from results day onwards.
For more information on Clearing, please visit the UCAS website.
"Going through Clearing meant I was still able to celebrate on results day and knew exactly what I was going to be doing in September."
Saffron BA(Hons) Education
In the run up to my exams, I began to have a change of mind towards which subject I would be studying at university. Soon enough results day came but upon looking at my results, I panicked and was filled with an overwhelming sense of uncertainty.
UWE Bristol was where my mum had studied and she always raved about it. It had a good reputation and after looking at their course for History online I found the modules really interesting.
Their online clearing process was easy to navigate and very helpful, in comparison to the other university I was looking at which was unhelpful and kept redirecting me to different phone lines. This made my decision so much easier, and I began to think that although this was different to the experience I was expecting, the course was sounding even better than the one I originally wanted to study.
It then began to set in that I was going to UWE Bristol and I felt proud to do so. Clearing had set my mind at ease.