Results day is on Thursday 18 August 2022. If you think you may need to apply to university through Clearing, there are a few things you can do before results day, so you're well prepared.
Top tips to prepare for Clearing
Watch UWE Bristol's Admissions Officer, Ben, share his top tips on getting ready for Clearing.
How can you prepare for Clearing
Find out all about the Clearing process as this will help you work out the best route to take on results day itself.
You’ll be eligible for Clearing if you fit into any of the following categories:
- you haven’t met the conditions of your offer from universities you’ve applied to
- you didn’t receive any offers (or none that you wish to accept)
- you applied after 30 June 2022
- you’re not waiting on results of any qualifications.
Think about where you’re at now compared to when you made your original choices – are your priorities and ambitions still the same, or have they changed? This may affect your decisions on what and where you study in September.
Continue to research universities and think about what is most important to you. Maybe it's location, the subject, or the facilities. Make some notes of questions you’d like to ask about the course or university.
It may be worth writing up a draft Clearing shortlist before results day if you think you might want to change university or course. Remember that you’ll be studying a subject for three or more years, so it needs to interest you if you’re going to succeed in it. Don’t just pick a course because there are spaces.
How to write a shortlist:
- gather additional information to help with your shortlisting
- check out the career prospects for your course, and the student satisfaction score
- find out more about the campus, the location and facilities
- check out the university's social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, to get a feel for the institution.
Visit our social media channels and The Students' Union at UWE website to find out what current students are saying about UWE Bristol.
As well as your original course preferences, it’s worth researching courses you may not have considered before. Something a bit different could take your career in a whole new direction. Courses with integrated foundation years can help make it more accessible so are worth considering too.
Any questions about Clearing?
Our friendly Admissions team is available if you have any questions about Clearing. Call us now on +44 (0)117 32 83333.
Our phone line opening times are:
- Monday – Thursday – 09:00–17:00
- Friday – 09:00–16:30
- Saturday and Sunday – closed.
"Looking back, choosing to study at UWE Bristol was the best decision I’ve ever made. The phone call I made to the Clearing hotline changed my life."
Chris BSc(Hons) and MSc Science Communication