Our annual festival of eco ideas, events and smart living is taking place from 30 October to 12 November 2023.
Find out what UWE Bristol and The Student's Union at UWE are doing to tackle climate change and protect nature.
Green Fortnight is all about showing the progress taking place at the University and the many ways students and staff can get involved.
Join events from in-depth seminars to art workshops, our in-person and online events are a great opportunity for all to explore ideas, meet different people and try something new.
Previous Green Fortnight events
Seminars on critical issues
- impact of the climate crisis on our transport networks
- micro plastics in our rivers and seas
- measuring biodiversity changes and soil health in rewilding sites
- passivhaus and saving energy in our new student accommodation
- BBC on actions and programming for sustainability
- Avon Pension Fund and the environment.
Planet friendly food
- vegetarian/vegan challenge – weekend pizza cook along
- carbon foot printing of menus in Onezone
- Sunday fairtrade tea café
- new plant-based food café The Wild Kitchen in S Block.
- mending and up-cycling clothing
- swap shops
- charity shop trawls
- alternative fashion worlds workshop.
- United Nations Climate change conference COP 27
- Climate Justice
- Fossil free careers.
Nature and wildlife
- sustainable gardening sessions
- beeline and foraging walks
- sustainability tours and nature rambles
- litter picking in support of Nature and the community.