Green Fortnight: 14 days of sustainability and climate action for 2022
Our annual festival of eco ideas, events and smart living takes place from Monday 31 October to Sunday 13 November 2022.
Find out about what UWE Bristol and The Student Union are doing to tackle climate change and protect nature. See how progress is possible and what you can do to take part. Our in-person and online events are a great opportunity for you to explore ideas, meet different people, and to do something new.
Green Fortnight events
Seminars on a range of topics
- The future of roads
- Plastics in our air
- Biodiversity changes and rewilding sites
- Passive Haus and saving energy in our new student accommodation
- Diversity and Inclusion in Environmentalism
- Vegetarian/vegan challenge and cook along
- Carbon footprinting of menus in Onezone
- New plant-based food café The Wild Kitchen in S Block
- Mending and up-cycling clothing
- Swap shops
- Charity shop trawls
- Alternative fashion worlds workshop
- United Nations Climate change conference COP 27
- Climate Justice
- Fossil free careers
- Sustainable gardening sessions
- Beeline and foraging walks
- Sustainability tours and nature rambles
- Litter picking
Other ways to join in
Join in by making a promise to yourself to do something different this fortnight to protect the planet. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Find out about our planet and take the climate change quiz.
- Come along to Frenchay's new plant-based food café The Wild Kitchen in S Block or choose vegan options in other outlets on campus. See how much you can make a difference by reducing meat and dairy foods.
- Find out about other changes you can make at home and at the university.
- Further reading on a guide to climate change.