Green Week: Climate action for 2020
Our annual festival of eco ideas, events and smart living takes place online from 9–15 November 2020.
Our free online events provide an informal space for you to learn about climate action. It is a great opportunity for you to explore ideas and think about what you could do differently to create change. Explore topics like:
- climate justice
- eco anxiety
- sustainable gardening and growing
- education for sustainable development
- our plans to be carbon neutral by 2030.
Other ways to get involved
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Find out how big your carbon footprint is.
- Get tips for change to help you be more planet-friendly.
- Find out about sustainability-themed events taking place in Bristol through the Future Economy Network.
- Learn how we’re taking action on campus through our sustainability section and The Students' Union at UWE's Green Team (a group of students striving to create sustainable change).
Our commitment to sustainability
Vice-Chancellor Steve West and Augusta Chidinma Nnajiofor, President of The Students' Union at UWE in 2020/21, on their commitment to sustainability and climate action.