Green Week: Sustainability and climate action for 2021
Our annual festival of eco ideas, events and smart living takes place from Monday 18 to Sunday 24 October 2021.
2021 is a crucial year for sustainability and climate action! Get energised and find more about what UWE Bristol and The Student Union at UWE are doing to address the challenges. Our in person and online events are a great opportunity for you to explore ideas, to meet people and to do something new. Here is a flavour of the range of topics and activities:
- plans to be carbon neutral by 2030, plus energy clinic
- veg/vegan challenge and cook along
- The Student Union at UWE’s Green Team social, activism, staff climate action cafés, mending and up-cycling clothing, swap shops and sustainable fashion
- eco anxiety, climate justice and more
- sustainable gardening, bee walk and talks and litter picking
- education for sustainable development.
Other ways to get involved
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Find out about the basics of climate change and what you can do to help by reading this BBC article.
- Be encouraged by how UWE Bristol are taking action by browsing our sustainability information, using our Frenchay green campus map and through The Students' Union at UWE's Green Team.
- Get tips for change for planet friendly living and watch suggestions of 10 ways to live consciously in Bristol in this Green Team video.
- Find out how big your carbon footprint is and for more detailed analysis and practical suggestions take a look at the Giki Zero website.
- Looking forward, find out more about the global climate change talks in November on the What is COP26 website.
"It is about recognising that we are one planet, one world. We all have a collective responsibility to engage individually and collectively… to move to a different place in our mindset and our actions. This is a hugely important agenda that is going to be with us forever."
Steve West Vice-Chancellor