Deafness and hearing impairments
We are committed to making reasonable adjustment to help reduce the effect of an impairment or medical condition that places you at a substantial disadvantage in your learning, teaching or assessment situation. For example, adjustments to assessments such as extra time, use of a computer or alternative assessment.
Vibrating fire alarm
If you require a vibrating fire alarm alerter, you can collect one from room 1D15 on Frenchay Campus. Alternatively, please contact the Disability Service to arrange a time to pick up the device.
Depending on your eligibility, funding can cover such things as specialist equipment and support workers.
The support and equipment you will receive at the University is normally decided through your Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) Study Needs Assessment. Depending on your support needs the following may be applicable to you:
- note taking support in lectures
- access to British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters
- study skills/literacy/mentoring support
- radio aids or portable loop systems
- alternative formatting including subtitling of course materials
- provision of assistive technology (equipment and software)
- exam adjustments such as extra time, written instruction, prompt etc.