The support and equipment you will receive at the University is normally decided through your Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) Study Needs Assessment. Depending on your support needs, the following may be applicable to you:
- access to note takers and orientation support through dedicated Support Worker Service
- support assistance for library, reader, specialist lab support etc
- course materials and hand-outs in enlarged or alternative formats such as Braille
- assistance with travel to the University
- alternative formats of library books through our Library Alternative Formats Service
- provision of assistive technology (equipment and software)
- exam adjustments such as scribes, readers etc.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustment to help reduce the effect of an impairment or medical condition that places you at a substantial disadvantage in your learning, teaching or assessment situation. For example, adjustments to assessments such as extra time, use of a computer or alternative assessment.
If you are already accessing support from an external provider eg Guide Dogs for the Blind, RNIB sighted guide, UWE Bristol can work with you to integrate this support.
You may also find the following websites helpful:
Depending on your eligibility, funding can cover such things as specialist equipment and support workers.