Other impairments or conditions

Disclosure for applicants

If you have not yet applied, please disclose your impairment or condition when you apply for a place. If you have already applied but not disclosed, you can do so by sending your medical evidence to us at disability@uwe.ac.uk and we will get back in touch with you.

Reasonable adjustments

We are committed to making reasonable adjustment to help reduce the effect of an impairment or medical condition that places you at a substantial disadvantage in your learning, teaching or assessment situation. For example, adjustments to assessments such as extra time, use of a computer or alternative assessment.

Find out how to request adjustments

Other help

If you require additional support, please contact Disability Service who can help you with services such as:

  • assistance moving away from home
  • accessing additional support/arrangements for field trips and placements.

If you are already accessing support from an external provider, UWE Bristol, where possible, can work with you to integrate this support. If you wish to transfer support that you currently receive from Social Services, please discuss this with your social services department.


Depending on your eligibility, funding can cover such things as specialist equipment and support workers.

Study support

The support and equipment you will receive at the University is normally decided through your Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) Study Needs Assessment. Depending on your support needs the following may be applicable to you:

  • non-medical Helper support could include support workers etc
  • provision of assistive technology (equipment and software)
  • exam adjustments such as extra time, written instruction, prompt etc.

You should also look at the range of university study skills support as well as Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) sessions.