Research projects in the Centre for Architecture and Built Environment Research (CABER)
The Centre for Architecture and Built Environment Research (CABER) have projects in facilities management, conservation, sustainable buildings and related studies. See how our current and past projects make a difference.
A project that helps in the adoption of Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) and offers advanced benchmarking intelligence for the delivery of manufactured assets.
Other current projects
Delivering municipal services through effective procurement of local infrastructure - Urbanisation Research Nigeria
The purpose of this research project is to investigate the capacity building needs of government agencies to achieve value for money, transparency and sustainability in the procurement of local infrastructure for the delivery of essential municipal services in Nigeria.
Improving design for safety - Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
A web-based design for safety capability maturity indicator (DFS-CMI) tool for the construction sector.
- Best Practice in Partnering: development of guidance on professional practice in partnering for registered social landlords (RSLs)
- Built Environment Appropriate Technology for Learning (BEATL)
- CEME Consortium Project
- Concept to Completion: Design tools for sustainable buildings
- Construction Excellence South West and Future Foundations
- Critical Urban Buildings Emergency Response (CUBER)
- Construction Towards the Millennium: A Study of major construction projects in the greater Bristol area to 2005
- Designing Healthy and Inclusive Public Outdoor Spaces For Young People
- Evaluation of Bristol Play Pathfinder Programme
- Facilities Innovation in the Workplace
- Heating controls: International evidence base and policy experiences
- Heritage Building Information Modelling (HBIM)
- HORTONET - A network of European historic gardens
- Modules for International Countryside Conservation, Protection and Management, by Distance Learning (MICPAM)
- RAPID 2000
- Student Accommodation Survey
- The emerging structure of the UK Facilities Management Sector
- The Virtual Construction Site: A decision support system for construction planning
- Wells 2000 Record.