Withdrawing from UWE Bristol

You can permanently withdraw from your studies at any point in an academic year.

However, you may still be liable to pay some or all of your fees if you permanently withdraw. Our fees and funding sections provide further information. You can also find details of the University‚Äôs Money Advice Service.

If you have completed enough credits to be eligible for an interim award (for example, CertHE or DipHE), you can request it when you notify us of your withdrawal. Your eligibility for an award is shown in Your marks in MYUWE.

What you need to do

  1. Step 1

    Book an appointment with a Student Support Adviser to discuss your options.

    If you're living in UWE Bristol accommodation, seek advice from Accommodation Services.

  2. Step 2

    Contact an Information Point to request a form.

    We will action the official withdrawal after we have received your form. The date we record will be the day that we received the form.

  3. Step 3

    Many changes have financial implications, including being liable for fees even if you withdraw. You should refer to our Student Fees Policy and date for fees liability to learn more.

Other students

Students at UK partner colleges

You should follow the same process if you are a student based at one of our UK partner colleges. You can also seek guidance from staff at your college.

Students on an ITE or PGCE Education course

If you wish to withdraw from an ITE or PGCE Education course, you will need to contact your Programme Leader in the first instance.

International students

If you are an international student, making any change to your course will have implications on your immigration status and the completion of your studies. Please contact the Immigration and Student Visa Support Service if you would like to discuss any issues.

You may also be interested in