Health Professions facilities
Build your confidence and hone your skills before going on your placement, using industry-standard equipment that mirrors the equipment you'll find in the workplace.
Take a tour of our Health Professions facilities
Immerse yourself in our Health Professions facilities by viewing our 360° images below.
Skills Simulation Centre
Watch our Skills Simulation Centre film and learn more about the incredible facilities available to Health Professions students.
What's waiting for you?
Specialist healthcare facilities
Our Health Professions courses are based on our Glenside Campus, a caring community that's dedicated to health. Here you'll find everything from simulation suites to the UK's biggest healthcare library.
Build confidence and safe, practiced skills
We believe it's really important to help you build familiarity and confidence with equipment before you go on placements, so you'll learn using:
- The fantastic Skills and Simulation Centre at Glenside Campus mimics a real hospital ward enabling you to practice what you learn before going into a real hospital on work placement.
- Imaging Suite - get trained on x-ray and ultrasound equipment in a controlled environment. You'll also soon have the opportunity to try out our brand-new CT scanner, set to be installed in early 2020.
- Virtual Environment Radiotherapy Training - a life-size 3D virtual radiotherapy treatment room, where you can learn to deliver doses of radiotherapy using our Virtual Linear Accelerator (VLA).
- Our £5 million Optometry and Clinical Skills Centre which opened in 2019 to provide modern teaching and learning spaces for trainee paramedics, nurses, physician associates, occupational therapy and optometry students.
- The simulation environment of the Crime Scene House is used as an environment for patient assessment and extraction scenarios.
Library and online resources
Glenside library, our outstanding health and social care library, has extensive resources for health professions.
Online subject-specific journals, workbooks and other guidance are all available.
Skills and Simulation Centre image gallery
With a wide range of health and social care disciplines taught under one roof, Glenside Campus is dedicated to health and wellbeing, where students are supported to thrive.