Health and Social Care resources
Library resources for health and social care students, including recommended websites, and NICE guidance.
Workbooks, guides and tutorials
- HAS online library workbook - Learn how to find evidence and information.
- Health and social care dissertation workbook - A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation.
- HAS CPD students - Learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- How to critically appraise health information - Learn how to evaluate evidence, identify different types of research design and apply the basic principles of critical appraisal.
- Creating an Academic Poster - A brief introduction to the principles behind poster presentation: what a poster is, why present a poster and how to create a good poster.
- Reflective writing - A guide to the theory and practice behind reflective writing.
- Anatomical models - Browse and request anatomical models.
- Anatomy and physiology - interactive resources.
- e-Learning for Healthcare - A range of modules on a number of healthcare topics. Accessible with an NHS OpenAthens account.
- Image resources
- NHS Mentors - guidance on Practice Support Net.
- NHS libraries
- Mental health and wellbeing resources - Print and e-books covering a wide range of topics relating to health and wellbeing.