Health and Social Care resources
Library resources for health and social care students, including recommended websites, and NICE guidance.
Databases for health and social care
Search for journal articles and other health data (includes CINAHL, MEDLINE and Social Care Online) and discover interactive learning resources (including Anatomy.tv, Clinical Skills and Visible Body).
Workbooks, guides and tutorials
- School of Health and Social Wellbeing: health and social care library workbook - The aim of this workbook is to give health and social care students a brief, practical introduction to using library resources and finding evidence and information.
- Projects and dissertations: top tips - A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation or project.
- Future nurse final project - Created specifically for final year nursing students, this workbook focuses on how to search strategically and outlines library support for the four final project options.
- How to critically appraise health information - Learn how to evaluate evidence, identify different types of research design and apply the basic principles of critical appraisal.
- Creating an academic poster - A brief introduction to the principles behind poster presentation: what a poster is, why present a poster and how to create a good poster.
- Reflective writing - A guide to the theory and practice behind reflective writing.
If you’re studying a professional short course within healthcare (CPD), we have created two workbooks to support your studies:
- A pre-arrival workbook for CPD students - Learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- Library support for healthcare related professional short courses - Using the library, study skills and specific support for your assessment type.
- Anatomical models - Browse and request anatomical models.
- e-Learning for Healthcare - A range of modules on a number of healthcare topics. Accessible with an NHS OpenAthens account.
- Image resources
- NHS Mentors - guidance on Practice Support Net.
- NHS libraries
- Mental health and wellbeing resources - Print and e-books covering a wide range of topics relating to health and wellbeing.
Study skills workshops
From making notes to structuring your writing, we offer a number of study skills events to students which take place across all UWE Bristol campuses.
Trip Pro database
Trip is a free medical database providing access to high quality clinical research evidence.
Access hundreds of tools and resources to help you plan for your future and prepare for employment.Careers Toolkit