Health and Social Care resources
Library resources for health and social care students, including recommended websites, and NICE guidance.
Databases for health and social care
Search for journal articles and other health data (includes CINAHL, MEDLINE and Social Care Online) and discover interactive learning resources (including Anatomy.tv, Clinical Skills and Visible Body).
Workbooks, guides and tutorials
- Health and social care library workbook - Learn how to find evidence and information.
- Health and social care dissertation workbook - A step-by-step guide to planning and completing your undergraduate dissertation.
- Future nurse final year workbook - Created specifically for final year Nursing students, this workbook focuses on how to search strategically and outlines library support for the four Final Project options.
- HAS CPD students - Learn more about the critical reading and writing skills required when studying at Masters level.
- How to critically appraise health information - Learn how to evaluate evidence, identify different types of research design and apply the basic principles of critical appraisal.
- Creating an academic poster - A brief introduction to the principles behind poster presentation: what a poster is, why present a poster and how to create a good poster.
- Reflective writing - A guide to the theory and practice behind reflective writing.
- Anatomical models - Browse and request anatomical models.
- e-Learning for Healthcare - A range of modules on a number of healthcare topics. Accessible with an NHS OpenAthens account.
- Image resources
- NHS Mentors - guidance on Practice Support Net.
- NHS libraries
- Mental health and wellbeing resources - Print and e-books covering a wide range of topics relating to health and wellbeing.