Advice, tutorials and support to help you find and evaluate information from the Library and online.
Find books, articles and other information
Our online tutorial will guide you on how to find books, articles, and other information - on the library shelves and online - for your assignments and research.
Finding information for specific subjects
Learn how to search subject-specific databases for information that can not be found through Google or the library search.
Resources for your subject
Many of the Library's subject pages have online tutorials offering specialist advice on finding information for your subject.
Evaluating information: Not everything you find will be useful. You need to evaluate the objectivity, accuracy, authority, relevance and timeliness of the information you've found.
(See also the critical thinking page for help with: interpreting information, questioning assumptions, evaluating evidence and comparing hypotheses.)
Online advice and tutorials
- Literature reviews workbook: An introduction to the process of writing a literature review that includes video guidance with perspectives from each faculty.
- Literature reviews reading list: Suggestions for further reading to help you when writing literature reviews.
- Research with Children online course: An online course on how to conduct research that involves children and young people: doing ethical research and keeping children safe.
- 1. Go to Research with Children.
- 2. Log in with your UWE Bristol user ID and password.
- 3. Click on the enrol button.
Qualtrics and online surveys
Log in to Qualtrics using your UWE Bristol username and password.
- Visit https://uwe.eu.qualtrics.com/
- You will be prompted to log in with your UWE Bristol login details.
Getting started with Qualtrics
- Survey platform overview
- Survey module overview
- Introductory video - creating your first survey
- Qualtrics Experience Basecamp CoreXM - online course for survey building.
To access Qualtrics support
Log in via https://uwe.eu.qualtrics.com/ and close the Welcome screen which may open up. Click on Help in the top right corner.
- Click the Support site link to access online documentation
- Click Contact Support link to log a support query.
Then choose "Sign in with SSO", enter "uwe" for the Organisation ID, and log in at the UWE Bristol login page if prompted.
Faculty study support
Study support specialists in your faculty can provide one-to-one support to help you develop your research skills.
Postgraduate researchers and research staff
Extra services and information for researchers from the Research Support Librarians: search for research methods, learn how to measure research impact, stay up-to-date with your subject and connect with other researchers.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find what you're looking for? Try the 24/7 live chat service. You can also contact the Library by email or phone.Ask a Librarian