Need to book a room for a group project you’re working on? Need somewhere quiet to study when the Library is full? Need to borrow a laptop?
We have spaces and facilities across all campuses that you can book or just turn up and use.
Other study spaces
There are many study spaces across UWE Bristol's campuses, including computer labs and learning zones.
All UWE Bristol libraries have different kinds of study spaces, including group-study areas and rooms equipped with assistive-technologies. Frenchay library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. View all library opening times.
Study spaces in our libraries
- Silent study – for those wishing to study alone and in silence (Frenchay and Bower Ashton)
- Quiet study – for those wishing to study alone
- Group study – group working and bookable group study rooms
- Facilities for viewing videos and DVDs
- Assistive-technology study spaces
Additional study spaces at Frenchay
- Research zone for academic staff and post-graduate researchers (room 5D20)
- DVD and video-viewing room (room 4D28)
Open-access study spaces
There are many other open-access study spaces around the University, including:
- Frenchay B Block: The Forum - 24 hours
- Frenchay B block: 24 hour computer lab (2B017)
- Frenchay H block: The Phaz Learning Zone - 08:00-21:00, Monday to Friday
- Frenchay Q block: The Hive (2Q08), The Base (3Q50) – 24 hours
- Frenchay S block: Learning Zone (opposite The Street café) – 07:00–21:30, Monday to Friday
- Frenchay: The Works Learning Zone - 07:00-21:00, Monday to Sunday
- Glenside Learning Zone (next to The Hub café) – 07:30–00:00, Monday to Sunday
- Bower Ashton Learning Zone – 08:30–00:00, Monday to Sunday
- View a complete list of student computer labs and printing facilities (includes links to booking systems and faculty-specific labs).
Our campus maps are handy to help you locate study spaces.