Need somewhere quiet to study when the Library is full? Need to borrow a laptop?
We have spaces and facilities across UWE Bristol's campuses, including computer labs and learning zones. You can either book or just turn up and use them.
Study spaces in our libraries
All UWE Bristol libraries have different kinds of study spaces, including rooms equipped with assistive-technologies.
Open-access study spaces
There are many other open-access study spaces around the University, including:
- Frenchay B Block: The Forum - open during teaching hours
- Frenchay B Block: Computer lab (2B017) - open during teaching hours
- Frenchay F Block: The Works Learning Zone - The Works is currently open from 08:30-21:00, Monday to Friday, and from 10:00-21:00 at weekends.
- Frenchay Q Block: The Base (3Q50)
- Frenchay Q Block: The Hive (2Q08) - open during teaching hours
- Frenchay S Block: Arts, Creative Industries and Education (ACE) Resource Centre – open Monday to Friday
- Bower Ashton Learning Zone – open during teaching hours
- View a complete list of student computer labs and printing facilities (includes links to booking systems and faculty-specific labs).
The following study spaces are currently closed due to coronavirus restrictions:
- Frenchay H Block: Synapse Learning Zone
- Frenchay S Block: Learning Zone (opposite The Street café)
- Glenside Learning Zone (next to The Hub café).
Our campus maps are handy to help you locate study spaces.
Take a tour of our study spaces
Need to book a room for a group project you’re working on? Need somewhere quiet to study when the Library is full? Need to borrow a laptop? We have spaces and facilities across all campuses that you can book or just turn up and use.