Need somewhere quiet to study when the Library is full? Need to borrow a laptop?
We have spaces and facilities across all campuses that you can book or just turn up and use.
Other study spaces
There are many study spaces across UWE Bristol's campuses, including computer labs and learning zones.
All UWE Bristol libraries have different kinds of study spaces, including rooms equipped with assistive-technologies.
Study spaces in our libraries
- Silent study (Frenchay and Bower Ashton)
- Quiet study
- Bookable rooms for individual study
- Facilities for viewing videos and DVDs
- Assistive-technology study spaces
Additional study spaces at Frenchay
- Research zone for academic staff and post-graduate researchers (room 5D20)
- DVD and video-viewing room (room 4D28)
Open-access study spaces
There are many other open-access study spaces around the University, including:
- Frenchay B Block: The Forum - open during teaching hours
- Frenchay B block: Computer lab (2B017) - open during teaching hours
- Frenchay: The Works Learning Zone - opening on Monday 19 October during Frenchay Library opening hours.
- Bower Ashton Learning Zone –open during teaching hours
- View a complete list of student computer labs and printing facilities (includes links to booking systems and faculty-specific labs).
The following study spaces are currently closed due to coronavirus restrictions:
- Frenchay H block: Synergy Learning Zone
- Frenchay Q block: The Hive (2Q08), The Base (3Q50)
- Frenchay S block: Learning Zone (opposite The Street café)
- Glenside Learning Zone (next to The Hub café).
Our campus maps are handy to help you locate study spaces.
Take a tour of our study spaces
Need to book a room for a group project you’re working on? Need somewhere quiet to study when the Library is full? Need to borrow a laptop? We have spaces and facilities across all campuses that you can book or just turn up and use.