All UWE Bristol libraries have wireless network access and computers that can be accessed with a UWE network username and password. Library computers have a variety of access methods:
- open and unlimited access
- bookable in advance (up to one week in advance, maximum of three outstanding bookings)
- scanner computers, limited to 60 minutes continuous use
- quick-access computers, limited to 15 minutes continuous use.
- where to find computers with specialist software installed, and what’s available as standard on our student PCs
- specialist software locations for student PCs.
Borrow a laptop
Self-issue loanable Windows laptops are available from Frenchay (level 3) and Glenside libraries, and MacBook laptops from Bower Ashton Library.
The laptops are free to borrow and can only be used on campus where the UWE Authorised Wi-Fi network is available. Check with IT Services if you need further information.
Laptops can be borrowed for 24 hours and will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are reissued.
You will need your UWE Bristol ID card and library PIN to borrow a laptop - just follow the instructions on the self-issue screen. Laptops are issued to your library account and are subject to fines if returned late. Find out more about library fines.