Useful information relating to UWE Bristol student computers and their facilities.
Students are welcome to use IT Services open access computers across all campuses. All student computers have Microsoft Office, SPSS, Minitab, Write-n-cite, Mindview and Claro Suite as a minimum core provision.
How to book a computer
Log in at pcbooking.uwe.ac.uk.
If booking for another day, select the desired date.
Use the Site, Location and Resource Type drop down menus to filter the results by campus, area or type of resource respectively. Then click on a time for one of the results.
Select the start and finish time, make a note of the Station number and click Save.
Log out using the link in the top right-hand corner.
Computer availability by campus
Choose a campus below to see a list of open access resources available there.
- Read the Acceptable Use Policy (PDF) to understand your responsibilities when using IT facilities provided by the University.
- Read the Information Handling Policy (PDF) to determine if you are reading, processing or storing restricted or confidential information.
- You can book computers up to one week in advance.
- You can have up to three outstanding bookings at any one time.
- You must attend the booking within 15 minutes of your start time or your booking will be lost and someone else can use the computer.
- Your booking finishes when you log off and the computer is immediately free for somebody else to use.
- There is a no return policy of 15 minutes, meaning you cannot log on to another bookable PC for 15 minutes after you finish. Note: you can still log on to any ordinary PC in that time.
- In a group study room, you must log on to the computer to register you have attended the booking even if you aren't using it to work on.
- Quick Print computers are provided to facilitate the quick printing of documents. They have a 15 minute usage, 10 minute no return policy.
- If you have a problem do not log off. This will close your session and during peak times you will not be able to log back onto an advance booking PC for 30 minutes. Please contact a member of the IT Service Desk staff for assistance.
- If your PC crashes, power it off and on by holding down the power button and you should be able to carry on working. If there is an equipment failure we will do our best to get you access to a PC but this may not always be possible.
- All other computers have no restrictions and can be used on an ‘open access’ basis.