How to book a room
You can book rooms in our Frenchay and Glenside libraries to use for individual study.
Get an idea of room availability
The Student Room Bookings System allows any UWE Bristol student to book a study room in our Frenchay or Glenside libraries, to use for individual study. In addition to the rooms, there are six study desks bookable on the main floor of Level 4, Frenchay Library. These show up as Lib-4D25-TEAL on the booking system.
Rooms can be booked during library opening hours on Mondays to Fridays and up to ten days in advance.
It is unlikely that you will find a room available all day so it is better to break up your activities into sessions of two or three hours.
Due to coronavirus restrictions, bookable spaces in our libraries are available for individual study only and teaching rooms are currently unavailable for bookings.
If you need to check or cancel
You can check your bookings via My Bookings. You can also cancel bookings and view previously cancelled bookings.
Terms and conditions of use
View terms and conditions
- Student Room Bookings are for academic purposes only and are currently only available for individual study. If you are intending to book a room for a sports, society or network activity this must be done through The Students' Union at UWE online system, or by emailing email@example.com or your appropriate societies/club coordinator.
- The University reserves the right to adjust/remove bookings if necessary.
- All waste material must be removed from the room on departure and any furniture moved must be returned to its original position.
- Any damage to rooms will be reported and the appropriate action taken.
- The student making the booking must be a fully registered student and will be held responsible for ensuring that the room is used in an appropriate manner.
- All students using the room must comply with our Health and Safety Regulations.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum and must not disturb users of neighbouring areas. Amplified music is not allowed in teaching rooms.
- Any issues such as damage or breakage to the room or equipment must be reported immediately by ringing 222 from an internal phone or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No equipment to be connected to AV equipment other than via the standard laptop input.
- Under no circumstances should existing AV equipment be moved or disconnected or the PCs turned off. Please log out of the computer after use.
- The room must not be used for any commercial purposes.
- Rooms are only used by the student that has booked the room and will not be interchanged with other individuals without first consulting and receiving written confirmation from Room Bookings or The Students' Union at UWE.
Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in the service being withdrawn for the remainder of the Academic Year.