Final year checklist
Information and advice to help you prepare for life after UWE Bristol.
Congratulations, you've almost finished your course! To make your final few months with us as easy as possible we've put together a list of things you'll need to do before you finish your studies, as well as some useful information to help you prepare for life after university.
Update your personal details
Please ensure the following personal details are correct in MYUWE before you receive your results:
- your home address - this is where we'll send your award certificate and certificate of credit
- your mobile number
- your personal email address.
Download everything you need from our IT systems
Follow our IT guidance for graduating students to make sure you've got everything covered:
- Your subscription to Office 365 will end 30 calendar days after your Award Board meeting date. Please ensure that you have downloaded what you need from your OneDrive account before it closes.
- You'll lose access to university IT systems between two and four months after your course finishes. Check the IT guidance for information about when access to MYUWE, Blackboard and your H Drive will cease.
- Your UWE Bristol email account will remain active for one year, but you'll need to log in directly through Office 365.
- Set a date to download your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) once you've received your final results.
Make use of our careers resources and support
If you're not sure what you'd like to do once your course finishes, take a look at our online careers resources or book a virtual appointment with one of our careers coaches before you leave. We're here to help you with your graduate career search or setting up your own business.
Even after you graduate you'll still be able to access our careers services via InfoHub.
Consider postgraduate study
Our postgraduate courses can help you fast-track your career, no matter what you studied for your undergraduate degree.
Postgraduate study is more accessible than ever before with a variety of funding and scholarship options available - you might be eligible for a tuition fee discount of 50% on selected courses through our Vice-Chancellors Scholarship.
If you're considering further study and would like to speak to someone about your options, join one of our Online Open Events.
Register with Alumni Connect
Alumni Connect is our online site linking UWE Bristol students and alumni around the world. You can find industry experts, professional contacts, and local connections.
Top reasons to use Alumni Connect in your final year:
- find inspiration on what to do next
- direct access to great contacts now and after University
- get advice from alumni experts who want to help
- make valuable connections in your chosen industry
- it's confidence boosting and it's free.
Register for your graduation ceremony
Up to date information about ceremonies and other graduation activity are on our Graduation Ceremonies pages, and once we are able to provide more information about when your ceremony will take place we will be in touch by email.