IT guidance for graduating students
Important information about your access to IT Service provisions at UWE Bristol.
Information for final year students regarding your future access to IT Service provisions at UWE Bristol and any steps you may need to take.
Your access to myUWE will stop 42 days after the completion date of your course.
Before you lose access, please make sure that you have:
- updated your personal details on myUWE, including your home address, telephone number and personal email address (award certificates and Certificates of Credit will be posted to your home address)
- downloaded your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
- downloaded your results and notification of credit and assessment marks
- downloaded your UWE Bristol Futures Award certificate (if you registered and completed the programme).
Once your access is withdrawn we will not be able to download your HEAR, results and notification of credit, assessment marks or UWE Bristol Futures Award certificate for you.
Your access to Blackboard will stop 42 days after the completion date of your course.
Please ensure you have downloaded all feedback from the coursework tab, as once access is withdrawn you will not be able to download your feedback.
UWE Bristol InfoHub
You can continue to use UWE Bristol career services after graduation. Simply log in to InfoHub where you can access a wide range of online tools through Career Toolkit, search or apply for opportunities and much more.
If you have not done so already, you will need to re-activate your InfoHub account by selecting 'Graduate' on the InfoHub login page, then 'Reset your password'. The password reset email will be sent to the personal email account you registered whilst at UWE Bristol.
Please note: once you have left, all emails sent from InfoHub will go to this personal email address too.
If you can no longer access or do not remember the personal email account, please complete a lost account form to request access to InfoHub.
If you're having difficulty, please email the Student Business Systems team at email@example.com.
You’ll need to switch to ‘Graduate Access’ in your Toolkit account too. Follow the steps below:
- In InfoHub, click on the link to Careers Toolkit. A box will pop up for you to add your preferred email address - insert and save.
- In the same window, follow the link labelled 'click here' to change your account to graduate access. This link will take you to your profile settings where you can confirm by clicking on the large blue button labelled 'switch to graduate access'.
- The first time you log directly into the toolkit, you'll need to reset your password using the personal email address you used when you switched to graduate access.
If you’re having difficulty please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student computers and H: Drive
Your access to UWE Bristol student computers and your H: Drive will stop 42 days after the completion date of your course.
If you wish to download your H: Drive from home, please see the eXternal Access (XA) information, which will provide instructions for how to do this.
Please ensure you have downloaded everything you want to keep from your H: Drive before access is withdrawn, as once access is removed you will not be able to download your feedback.
Microsoft Office 365
Your subscription to Office 365 will end shortly after the publication of your results. This means that:
- your OneDrive account will close at this point, so please ensure that you have downloaded what you need from your OneDrive account before it closes
- you will be placed on a three month trial access to the Microsoft Office package that you are able to install on your pc/laptop/mobile devices, after which if you want to continue using this you will need to purchase a package from Microsoft.
UWE Bristol email account
Students have access to their UWE Bristol email account for a year after they finish.
You can back up your account by following the instructions in the Microsoft Import and Export Outlook Email, Contacts and Calendar guide. The guide includes instructions for importing your UWE Bristol emails into another email account.
If you have any difficulties with backing up your account please contact the IT Service Desk.
Students returning to start a new course
Information about access to IT Service provisions at UWE Bristol for students returning to a new course.
Please note: you should ensure all information regarding your current course has been downloaded, as this will not be accessible once you start your new course.
If you are commencing a new course at UWE Bristol:
- your access to myUWE will be restored when you are asked to register for the course
- your login details will remain the same
- you will also receive an email to the address registered to your application to notify you of this.
Please review the Information Security Policies as they are subject to change.
Microsoft Office 365
You will be placed on the trial version of MS Office and will have access withdrawn from OneDrive, however, your license to both of these services will be renewed at the time of registering for your new course.
Please note: in all instances above, where mentioned, the course completion date may be earlier than the final results publication date. UWE Bristol recommends that you take the necessary actions as soon as possible after your results have been published, to ensure you do not lose any important information.