Information about visiting the Library as an external visitor.
We are accepting new visitor memberships for our libraries.
- You must be over 18 years old to apply for a year's visitor access.
- You will need to provide a photo for your I.D card.
- The new membership process can take up to two weeks.
- You will be contacted when your I.D card is ready.
- On collection of your card we will arrange a 30-minute visit for you to tour the facilities during staffed hours.
- New memberships are unable to be processed during May as this is a busy time for our staff and students.
Becoming a member gives you access to:
- a one-year membership
- swipe access at all our libraries from 07:30-20:00 every day
- borrowing up to five print books during library staffed hours
- study spaces
- visitor WiFi provided by BT.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us, we have live chat support available 24/7.
Alumni can access our libraries by applying for a visitor membership. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us, we have live chat support available 24/7.
Students and staff at schools and colleges
We welcome visits from schools and Further Education colleges. Find out what resources we can provide and arrange a visit.
Out of hours access
Frenchay Campus Library out of hours access
Use the suggested route for accessing Frenchay Library out of hours (PDF).
Bower Ashton Campus Library out of hours access
Use the suggested route for accessing Bower Ashton Campus Library out of hours (PDF).
Glenside Campus Library out of hours access
Use the suggested route for accessing Glenside Campus Library out of hours (PDF).
You may also be interested in
Contact us for help with finding information, accessing online resources, referencing, your library account, and any other library issue.
Visit our individual library pages to find out more about our facilities and find contact details, our locations and accessibility information.
Car parking guidance for visitors
Car parking guidance for visitors at UWE Bristol including where you can park, how much it costs and how to arrange a visitor permit.
Using the library
How to use the library. Information for students, disabled users, researchers, staff, and external visitors.