Information about visiting the Library as an external visitor.
We are accepting new visitor membership applications for the library. You must have a membership to visit the library, borrow books and use study spaces.
- You must be over 18 years old to apply for a year's visitor access.
- You will need to provide a photo for your I.D card.
- If you wish to join us using the SCONUL access scheme, please apply using the form below.
- To renew an existing membership, please apply using the form below.
- We aim to process new memberships within 21 days but it may take longer during busy periods.
- You will be contacted when your I.D card is ready.
- On collection of your card we will arrange a 30-minute visit for you to tour the facilities during staffed hours.
- New memberships cannot be processed during May as this is a busy time for our staff and students.
Becoming a member gives you access to:
- a one-year membership
- swipe access at all our libraries from 07:30 to 20:00 every day
- borrowing up to five print books during library staffed hours
- study spaces
- visitor WiFi provided by BT.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us. Live chat support is available 24/7.
Students and staff at schools and colleges
We welcome visits from schools and Further Education colleges. Find out what resources we can provide and arrange a visit.
Out of hours access
Frenchay Campus Library out of hours access
Use the suggested route for accessing Frenchay Library out of hours (PDF).
Bower Ashton Campus Library out of hours access
Use the suggested route for accessing Bower Ashton Campus Library out of hours (PDF).
Glenside Campus Library out of hours access
Access Glenside Campus Library by using the main Library entrance and your swipe card.