Wifi access for visitors to UWE Bristol
Visitor wifi access
|Who are you?||Use this network||Where is it available?|
|Visitors from eduroam participating institutions||eduroam||Throughout UWE Bristol|
|Other visitors (for example, conference delegate)||_The Cloud||Public locations at UWE Bristol
(for example, libraries, coffee shops, ECC, The Students' Union at UWE)
Visitors from eduroam participating institutions
Before visiting UWE Bristol, set up your device to connect to eduroam at your own institution.
If your university uses the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT), eduroam will automatically connect you whenever you're in range of an eduroam hotspot, which includes all UWE Bristol campuses. There are thousands of hotspots across more than 100 countries.
If you connect to eduroam at your home institution using set proxy settings (for example, you haven't installed the eduroam CAT), please follow the steps below:
- Remove set proxy settings for your home institution before trying to connect at UWE Bristol.
- When at UWE Bristol, connect your device to eduroam.
- Set 'Security Type' to WPA2-Enterprise.
- Login using:
- Username: your usual username followed by the '@' symbol and your home institutions domain (for example, email@example.com)
- Password: your password
For further assistance please contact your institution's support service.
Other visitors (eg conference delegates)
- Select _The Cloud from the list of available networks on your device.
- Open your web browser and you should be directed to The Cloud landing page. If not try refreshing the page.
- If you are an existing The Cloud user you can log in, otherwise simply register and start using it.
Details on how to get online and answers to the most common issues can be found via The Cloud FAQs.
For further support, contact the IT Service Desk.