Wifi access for visitors to UWE Bristol
Visitor wifi access
|Who are you?||Use this network||Where is it available?|
|Visitors from eduroam participating institutions||eduroam||Throughout UWE Bristol|
|Other visitors (eg conference delegate)||_The Cloud||Public locations at UWE Bristol
(eg libraries, coffee shops, ECC, The Students' Union at UWE)
Visitors from eduroam participating institutions
- Before visiting UWE Bristol, set up your device to connect to eduroam at your own institution.
- If you have set proxy settings for your home institution, remove these before trying to connect at UWE Bristol.
- When at UWE Bristol, connect your device to eduroam.
- Set 'Security Type' to WPA2-Enterprise.
- Login using:
- Username: your usual username followed by the '@' symbol and your home institutions domain (eg email@example.com)
- Password: your password
For further assistance please contact your institution's support service.
Other visitors (eg conference delegates)
- Select _The Cloud from the list of available networks on your device.
- Open your web browser and you should be directed to The Cloud landing page. If not try refreshing the page.
- If you are an existing The Cloud user you can log in, otherwise simply register and start using it.
Set-up instructions for The Cloud are available on The Cloud FAQ page.
The Cloud also provide a support page with known issues and advice.
For further support, contact the IT Service Desk.