Library study skills support
Ask a librarian
'How to' online workbooks
As an alternative to attending our study skills workshops, you can also use our 'How to...' workbooks, which are closely aligned with the workshop sessions. You'll find similar exercises in them, but different examples.
These are perfect for you if you can't make it to any of our sessions, prefer to work at your own pace, or would like to recap a workshop you have attended.
- How to make notes and read effectively
- How to reference and avoid plagiarism
- How to plan and structure your writing
- How to put your reading into your writing
- How to write critically
- How to improve your work before submitting
You'll also find a wide range of workbooks by topic area on the main study skills webpages.
If you have already tried the above options and still need support, you may wish to book a one-to-one appointment with a member of library staff. Appointments last around 30-45 minutes and are based around staff availability.
When you book an appointment, please supply the following information:
- what is the problem you are having?
- what strategies have you already tried in order to address this?
- what is your timescale?
During an appointment, library staff will be able to look at small sections of your work and coach you to apply study skills techniques.
Please note that we do not offer a proof-reading service.