Nursing and Midwifery
Study one of our nursing and midwifery courses and gain the practical experience and expert knowledge to make a positive difference to people’s lives. The School of Health and Social Wellbeing mirrors the integrated care systems of today, so you’ll get real world insights into how your role supports and is supported by others.
of our BSc(Hons) Midwifery students are in work or further study 15 months after graduation (Graduate Outcome Survey 2019/20, published 2022).
of Mental Health Nursing students satisfied with the quality of their course overall (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey, 2022).
of our Adult Nursing students are in work or further study 15 months after graduation (Graduate Outcome Survey 2019/20, published 2022).
Mental Health Nursing at UWE Bristol
With high quality practical training, experienced mentors, and outstanding onsite facilities, you'll learn how to care for people of all ages with a variety of mental health issues, both in the community and hospital settings.
Undergraduate Nursing and Midwifery courses (2023/24 entry)
- Health and Social Care - BSc(Hons)
- Health and Social Care Practice - FdSc
- Health Professions - Foundation Programme
- Midwifery - BSc(Hons)
- Midwifery (Blended Learning) - BSc(Hons)
- Nursing (Adult) - BSc(Hons)
- Nursing (Adult) - (in partnership with The Open University) - BSc (Hons)
- Nursing (Children and Young People) - BSc(Hons)
- Nursing (Learning Disabilities) - BSc(Hons)
- Nursing (Mental Health) - BSc(Hons)
- Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) - BSc(Hons)
- Specialist Practice (District Nursing) - BSc(Hons)
"What I enjoyed the most was the unity and support for each other among our cohort of students. My placements were also wonderful and the support from academic staff while on placement and at university was superb."
Moses BSc(Hons) Nursing (Learning Disability)
Postgraduate Nursing and Midwifery courses (2023/24 entry)
- Advanced Practice - MSc/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate
- Public Health - MSc/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate
- Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing) - Postgraduate Diploma
- Specialist Practice (District Nursing) - MSc
Professional development Nursing and Midwifery courses
Explore our wide range of Health professional short courses by topic. Alternatively you can view an a-z listing.
- Accelerated learning
- Critical Care
- Diagnostic radiography
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- Emergency care
- End of life care
- Flexible and work-based learning
- Leadership and mentorship
- Long-term conditions
- Maternal and child health
- Mental health and learning disabilities
- Non-medical prescribing
- Nuclear medicine
- Older persons and dementia
- Professional Development - BA(Hons)/BSc(Hons)/FdA/FdSc/GradDip/Dip/CertHE/GradCert/Cert
- Professional Development - MA/MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Public health nursing
- Research methods and research in practice
- Return to practice
- Specialist and advanced practice
- Study days
You may also be interested in
Find out about our UWE Bristol student accommodation options, how to apply, accommodation prices, moving in and advice for our current residents.
Campus and facilities
Over the last five years, we've invested £300 million into our state-of-the-art facilities. Creating the most effective and empowering setting for our students and people to discover their potential.