Rod Coleman Scholarship
This scholarship is available to undergraduate students who meet certain criteria.
About the scholarship
Five scholarships are available to second year undergraduate students. These scholarships were established by the Wallscourt Foundation, in memory of Rod Coleman, who was Head of Widening Participation at UWE Bristol and who died in 2005. The Wallscourt Foundation is an independent charitable trust which supports education and learning at UWE Bristol.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- you must be in your second year of an undergraduate programme at UWE Bristol
- you must have been recognised through the official Dean's List at the end of your first year of study
- you must be in receipt of a UWE Bristol bursary
- you must be a mature student (aged 21 or over on entry to undergraduate study).
Whilst we welcome applications from all eligible students, applications from the following under-represented groups will be prioritised:
- disabled students
- BAME (black and minority ethnic students)
- care leavers, student carers and estranged students.
The Rod Coleman Scholarship offers £2,000 for the second year of study only. Applications will open in October 2020.
For more information on how to apply, please email EDI@uwe.ac.uk.