British Chevening Scholarship
These scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
About the scholarship
The Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. Established in 1983, the Chevening programme has developed into a prestigious international scheme.
Scholars come from 118 countries worldwide, and over 600 scholarships will be awarded this year. There are over 42,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network. Scholars are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world, sometimes in partnership with sponsoring organisations.
The Chevening application period is now open:
From 3 September 2020 at 12:00 (BST)
and will close 3 November 2020 12:00 (GMT).
Find more information about the applying for the Chevening Scholarships.
Applicants for Chevening Scholarships must:
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after their award has ended.
- have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time they submit their application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online for the Chevening Scholarships. Applicants should read the online guidance and be able to demonstrate how they meet the Chevening selection criteria before submitting an application.
Closing dates and priority subject areas vary from country to country - please visit the country search page for further information.
To follow progress of the Chevening application cycle, check out the Chevening social media pages @CheveningFCDO.