UWE Cares Bursary
UWE Cares supports UK undergraduate students who are care leavers, estranged students or carers. Part of the package that UWE Cares provides is financial support.
About the bursary
UWE Cares supports UK undergraduate students who:
- have experience of living in supported housing, local authority or foster care
- are permanently estranged or separated from their parents, or whose parents have passed away
- who care for an ill or disabled family member as a student carer.
We are committed to helping you succeed on your course. Our aim is to help you settle in, make the most of the many opportunities that UWE Bristol has to offer, and provide you with information and support to help overcome challenges or worries you might face.
The value of the UWE Bursary is:
- £1,500 in each year of your first undergraduate degree course. The bursary is non-repayable and paid to you in three instalments, one in each term
- a £500 non-repayable graduation bursary to help you launch your life after you graduate.
You must meet certain eligibility to receive the UWE Cares bursary. Full eligibility details for the UWE Cares Bursary, along with details of the full package of support offered by UWE Cares can be found at UWE Cares support.
The UWE Cares bursary are paid in three equal instalments.
For September intake these dates are:
- 16 November 2020
- 15 February 2021
- 18 May 2021
For the January/February intake these dates are:
- 22 February 2021
- 26 May 2021
- 30 August 2021