UWE Cares Bursary
UWE Cares supports UK undergraduate students who are care leavers, estranged students or carers. Part of the package that UWE Cares provides is financial support.
About the bursary
UWE Cares supports UK undergraduate students who are:
- care leavers or care experienced – students that have lived in supported housing, local authority or foster care for any duration before they turned 18
- permanently estranged – that have permanently separated from both parents or if both a student's parents are deceased, and the student is under 25 at the start of their course
- student carers – students who provide regular, ongoing and unpaid care to an ill or disabled family member, cohabiting partner, friend or neighbour.
We are committed to helping you succeed on your course. Our aim is to help you settle in, make the most of the many opportunities that UWE Bristol has to offer, and provide you with information and support to help overcome challenges or worries you might face.
The value is:
- £1,650 in each year of your first undergraduate degree course. The bursary is non-repayable and paid to you in three instalments, one in each term.
- a £500 non-repayable graduation bursary to help you launch your life after you graduate.
You must meet certain eligibility to receive the UWE Cares Bursary. Full eligibility details for the UWE Cares Bursary, along with details of the full package of support offered by UWE Cares can be found at UWE Cares support.
The UWE Cares Bursary is paid in three instalments.
For September 2023 intake, these dates are:
- 20 November 2023
- 26 February 2024
- 20 May 2024.
For January 2024 intake, these dates are:
- 18 March 2024
- 17 June 2024
- 9 September 2024.