The Harris Scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Harris family to support an estranged student at UWE Bristol.
About the scholarship
This scholarship was established by the Harris family to support an estranged student at UWE Bristol. One scholarship is available to an estranged student studying a Humanities course. Estranged students who are not studying a Humanities course are also eligible to apply.
The successful scholar will be awarded £1,500.
You can apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be an estranged student and accessing UWE Cares support*.
- You must be studying an undergraduate course in the specified academic year (e.g 2023/4).
* Students must be able to evidence their status as an estranged student through UWE Cares.
If you are not known to UWE Cares they will make contact with you after your application to check your eligibility for the scholarship and explain the wider offer of support that estranged students can access at UWE Bristol.
Definition of an estranged student
To be considered an estranged student, you must be:
- permanently separated from both of your biological or adoptive parents (this includes where both your biological or adoptive parents have passed away)
- under 25 years old at the start of your undergraduate degree course
- a Home UK undergraduate student.
We welcome applications from all estranged students, however applications from students on the following courses will be prioritised:
- Level 3 students on the following Humanities courses:
- Levels 1 and 2 students on the Humanities courses listed above
- Level 3 students on any undergraduate course
- Levels 1 and 2 students on any undergraduate course.
How to apply
Applications will be judged by a panel comprising members of the Harris family, the Head of Alumni Engagement and Development (or their nominee) and the Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (or their nominee).
All applications will be anonymised. The panel's decision is final.
Applications are currently closed and will open again in 2024.
For more information, please email the Development team at email@example.com.