Santander Universities Scholars Programme
Initiative aimed at breaking down barriers for students most likely to face challenges in higher education.
About the scholarship
This new flagship initiative is aimed at breaking down barriers for students who are most likely to face challenges in higher education. It will provide funding to students through to graduation, alongside training opportunities to develop their potential and help them build brighter futures.
The programme will support 100 full-time current undergraduate students across the country, due to graduate in 2025, throughout the duration of their studies.
One UWE Bristol student will receive the scholarship, which will be £30,000 over three academic years, a series of employability training and development sessions and a dedicated mentor to guide them through the programme.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be aged 18 or older
- be a current full-time undergraduate student at UWE Bristol, completing your undergraduate course in 2025
- qualify as a Home Fee Status student
- not be receiving more than £1,500 per year in external sponsorship for your degree, for example, from other sources such as industry bodies/employers (University Core Bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility)
- self-identify as part of at least one of the following under-represented groups (guidance has been taken from the Office for Students’ existing list of underrepresented groups):
- areas of low higher education participation or low household income
- Black, Asian and minority ethic
- mature (21+ on starting your course)
- care experienced/carer
- estranged from your family
- from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- from a military family.
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.