These scholarships are for students who attended local secondary schools.
About the scholarships
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.
These scholarships were established by the Wallscourt Foundation, an independent charitable trust which supports education and learning at UWE Bristol. Ten scholarships are available to local students who have exceptional academic or personal achievements and who are committed to their education and to becoming an ambassador for UWE Bristol in our local community.
Successful Wallscourt scholars will be awarded £1000 in their first year, paid in two instalments of £500: the first will be presented by cheque at the annual meeting of the Trustees and £500 in the middle of the second term. A further £500 will be paid at the start of second year.
You can apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You must have studied at a partner school within the local region (City of Bristol; South Gloucestershire; North Somerset; Bath and North East Somerset) before you were 16.
- You must have a household income below £42,000 as assessed by Student Finance England.
- You must have been accepted on to an undergraduate course at UWE Bristol starting in 2022/23.
Whilst we welcome applications from all eligible students, applications from the following under-represented groups will be prioritised:
- mature students
- disabled students
- black, Asian and minority ethnic students
- care leavers, student carers and estranged students.
Applications will be judged by a panel comprising of members of the Wallscourt Foundation Trustee Board, the Head of Alumni Engagement and Development (or their nominee) and the Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (or their nominee). All applications will be anonymised.