The Sanctuary Scholarship
This scholarship supports refugee and asylum seekers looking to study undergraduate courses at UWE Bristol.
For each academic year, UWE Bristol will be offering two scholarships to support refugee and asylum seekers looking to study undergraduate courses at UWE Bristol.
The scholarship will include:
- full tuition fee waiver for the duration of the course (for students who are not eligible for UK government student finance)
- £1,650 annual bursary for the duration of the course, as a contribution towards study costs
- access to support from UWE Cares.
You can apply if you:
- are from a refugee or asylum-seeking community
- have a conditional or unconditional offer for a UWE Bristol Undergraduate programme of study.
For further details on eligibility and the scholarship please read our terms and conditions (PDF).
Please note that we are accepting applications from people who are part of the the Homes for Ukraine or Ukraine Family Visa schemes.
The application form will be assessed by a diverse panel of representatives from across the university including academics with expertise and experience of working with refugee and asylum-seeking communities.
Applications for the Sanctuary Scholarship are now open. Please apply using the UWE Bristol Sanctuary Scholarship online application form.
You should read the Application guidance notes (PDF) before completing your application.
- Friday 30 June 2023 – closing date for applications
- Monday 31 July 2023 – candidates notified of final award decisions.