These scholarships are available for local undergraduate and postgraduate students studying a creative technology related course either full-time or part-time.
About the scholarship
UWE Bristol is now accepting applications for the MyWorld Scholarship which supports equality, diversity, inclusivity and talent development in the creative technology sector.
We will award two MyWorld Scholarships to help support local students studying a creative technology related courses with their future and career ambitions in the industry.
Successful applicants will need to be studying on an undergraduate or postgraduate taught course studying either part time or full time (see eligible course list) and will receive £5,000 towards their 2022/23 fees (as a fee reduction/waiver). They will be invited to the MyWorld Scholars programme.
MyWorld is a research and development collaboration between UWE Bristol, University of Bristol, Bath Spa University, and University of Bath funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). MyWorld’s vision is for the West of England to lead the way as a world player in creative media production and technology.
The MyWorld Scholarship supports home (UK) fee paying students who live in Bath (BA) and Bristol (BS) postcodes who are from underrepresented groups in higher education to access taught undergraduate or postgraduate study linked to the creative technologies industry at the UWE Bristol, University of Bristol, Bath Spa University, and University of Bath.
UWE Bristol will award two MyWorld Scholarships worth £5,000 each to students on one of the following eligible courses.
- BA(Hons) Animation
- BA(Hons) Filmmaking
- BA(Hons) Graphic Design
- BSc(Hons) Audio and Music Technology
- BSc(Hons) Creative Music Technology
- BSc(Hons) Games and Animation Production
- BSc(Hons) Games Technology
- BSc(Hons) Digital Media
- BA(Hons) Media Production
- MA Virtual and Extended Realities
- MSc Computational Architecture
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Commercial Games Development
The MyWorld Scholarship is for students who are under-represented in Higher Education. You must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups including Asian or Asian British, Black, Black British, Caribbean or African, or other minority group
- Mature students - over 21 years of age at the beginning of their undergraduate studies, or over 25 years of age at the beginning of their postgraduate studies.
- Students from areas of low higher education participation or a low household income.
- Disabled students - Under the Equality Act 2010, a person has a disability “if they have a physical or mental impairment, and the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities”.
- Care leavers and looked after children - all those who have experienced care at any stage of their lives.
How to apply
Please complete the following application. The application includes a statement, up to 500 words, on how the MyWorld scholarship would benefit your future ambitions in the creative/creative technology industries. Please include whether you’ve experienced barriers accessing higher education or other training provisions and outline your financial situation or your family circumstances.
Please note: the content of the statement will be treated with utmost confidence.
Applications must be completed by 12:00 noon Monday 5 September 2022.
Please review the full MyWorld Terms and Conditions before applying.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application the week commencing 19 September 2022.