These scholarships are available for local postgraduate students studying a creative technology related course either full-time or part-time.
About the scholarship
UWE Bristol is now accepting applications for the MyWorld Scholarship – supporting equality, diversity, inclusivity and talent development in the creative technology sector.
We will award four MyWorld Scholarships, worth £5,000 each, supporting local students studying a creative technology related course which would help with their future and career ambitions in the industry.
Successful applicants will need to be enrolled and engaged on a postgraduate taught programme studying either part time or full time (see list of eligible courses below).
If accepted, students receive £5000 toward your 2023/24 fees (as a fee reduction/waiver) and be invited to the MyWorld Scholars programme.
MyWorld is a research and development collaboration between UWE Bristol, University of Bristol, Bath Spa University, and University of Bath funded by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). MyWorld’s vision is for the West of England to lead the way as a world player in creative media production and technology.
The MyWorld Scholarship supports home (UK) fee paying who are from underrepresented groups in higher education to access taught postgraduate study linked to the creative technologies industry at UWE Bristol, University of Bristol, Bath Spa University, and University of Bath.
UWE Bristol will award four MyWorld Scholarships worth £5,000 each to students on one of the following eligible courses.
- MA Virtual and Extended Realities
- MA Wildlife Filmmaking
- MA Animation
- MA/MFA Curating
- MA Fine Art
- MA Graphic Arts
- MA Journalism (pathways)
- MA Multi-Disciplinary Printmaking
- MA Photography
- MA Screen Production (Documentary)
- MArch Architecture
- MSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Commercial Games Development
- MSc Computational Architecture
The MyWorld Scholarship is for students who are under-represented in Higher Education. You must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups including Asian or Asian British, Black, Black British, Caribbean or African, or other minority group.
- Mature students – over 25 years of age at the beginning of their postgraduate studies.
- Students from areas of low higher education participation or a low household income.
- Disabled students – Under the Equality Act 2010, a person has a disability “if they have a physical or mental impairment, and the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his or her ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities”.
- Care leavers and looked after children – all those who have experienced care at any stage of their lives.
How to apply
This opportunity is open to applicants from a range of UWE Bristol postgraduate programmes relating to the creative technology sector.
Application for the MyWorld Scholarships is via completion of the following application form only – any other types of application will not be accepted.
The application includes a statement (up to 500 words) how the MyWorld scholarship would benefit your future ambitions in the creative / creative technology industries. Please include whether you’ve experienced barriers accessing higher education or other training provision, financial situation, or family circumstances. The content of the statement will be treated with utmost confidence.
Deadline: All applications must have been completed and submitted by 12:00 on 7 August 2023.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application week commencing 4 September 2023.
Please review the full MyWorld Terms and Conditions before applying.