This scholarship is available to EU residents who would, prior to August 2021, have been eligible for home (UK) tuition fees and who are now liable for fees at the international rate.
About the scholarship
UWE Bristol is offering this scholarship to show our support and commitment to EU students who choose UWE Bristol as the place to study.
EU residents who would, prior to August 2021, have been eligible for home (UK) tuition fees and who are now liable for fees at the international rate, can apply for the EU scholarship. This does not apply to residents of Ireland whose eligibility for home fees is preserved under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
The scholarship is up to a maximum of £4000 per annum (with the exception of the placement year).
The following countries are eligible for the award:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden. You must be ordinarily resident in one of these countries.
How to apply
All eligible applicants will be considered for these scholarships when the application for admission is considered therefore no additional scholarship application is required. The outcome will be confirmed in the offer letter.
- Be an EU resident now liable for international fees.
- Be a self-funded student. If you are eligible for funding via the Student Loan Company you will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship, or fee offer.
- You must meet all the conditions of your offer.
- This award is applicable to new, full-time, taught undergraduate and postgraduate courses (excluding professional courses such as Bar Training Course (BTC), Advanced Legal Practice Course (LPC), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), MSc Robotics and postgraduate research degrees courses and distance learning courses). It is awarded per year of study (with the exception of the undergraduate placement year).
- This scholarship will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee reduction. It will not be paid direct to you. If you are awarded this scholarship your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- It is not possible to defer this scholarship to a future year of entry.
- All decisions on eligibility for these scholarships are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the EU Scholarship, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
- The scholarship is not open to study abroad or other short term students.