View a list of external examiner resources and external examiner induction day information.
External examiners are individuals drawn from academia and also industry, business and the professions, appointed to provide institutions with impartial and independent advice alongside informative comment on the institution’s standards and on student achievement in relation to those standards.
If you are a member of staff at UWE Bristol and are interested in becoming an external examiner please see our FAQs (PDF) for more information about the role.
- UWE Bristol External Expertise Service
- The External Examiner's Operational Guide (PDF)
- University faculty structure (PDF)
- Flowchart of monitoring and external reporting feedback loop (PDF)
- Online assessment guidance (Blackboard login required)
- Exam paper moderation guidance (UWE Bristol login required)
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site Guidance (PDF)
- Collaborative Provision Operations SharePoint site - Folders and Headings Guidance (PDF)
- External Examiner Fee and Expenses Procedure (PDF)
- Fee Payment Schedule (PDF)
- HEA Handbook for External Examining (PDF)
- Exam Board Guidance 2021 (PDF)
- External examiner issues with logging into Blackboard and MyUwe (PDF)
Induction day information
Please watch our short video with a demonstration of the updated External Examiner Facility (UWE Bristol login required) and video guide on Pebblepad, in particular accessing and viewing sample packages and files.
Other external examiner induction day resources:
- Agenda for the External Examiners’ Virtual Conference (19 January 2022) (PPT)
- Session 1 – Welcome and Overview – Amanda Coffey (PPT)
- Session 2 – New External Examiners Role of the External Examiner at UWE Bristol – Jenny Dye and Judith Ritchie (PPT)
- Session 3 – External Expertise Service Demo
- Session 6 – Session 6 External Examining of Partnership Provision – Sandhya Sastry and Mark Elliott (PPT)
- External examiner annual reporting (PDF)
- Examples of good and poor responses within external examiner reports (DOC)