These are the commitments that we have made to our students.
Teaching and research
- offer you excellent teaching and supervision supported by the physical and technical resources that will enable you to develop your academic skills and fulfil your learning potential
- provide a balanced curriculum that is appropriately practice-oriented and professionally recognised
- ensure that assessment is fair, marks and results are published on time and you receive regular feedback on your progress.
Student support and welfare
- offer a full range of professional and confidential advisory services to support you, in your studies and personal life
- provide you with the information and guidance you need to settle into university life
- offer you study support and impartial academic advice and guidance to enable you to make informed choices
- provide career planning information and opportunities to enhance your employability through work experience placements, internships, community outreach and volunteering.
In the unlikelihood of unforeseen events affecting your continuation of studies, we have measures in place to support you, as noted in our Student Protection Plan (PDF) and Student Protection Plan - Compensation and Refund Policy (PDF).
Environment and community
- provide an inclusive and supportive environment for everyone
- strive to provide a dynamic learning environment including high-quality spaces, facilities and technologies
- support and promote access by all members of our community to the learning opportunities and services we offer
- promote environmentally responsible behaviour
- listen to and learn from the student community.
- provide you with detailed academic information in your Programme and Module Handbook for students on taught programmes and Doctoral Academy Handbook for research students
- provide you with the rules you will be bound by in the Academic Regulations and Procedures
- operate fair and transparent complaints and appeals policies and procedures.