Research in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences
Institutes and more
Research links and collaboration
Many projects are undertaken in collaboration with end-users to focus on meeting the needs of a sustainable economy and society, and we have leadership roles in several major regional, national and international initiatives.
Our collaborators include health trusts, local, national and international communities, local councils, government departments and private companies - ranging from start-ups to multinationals, patients and their carers, museums and schools.
The Journal of Psycho-Social Studies is an established international e-journal, edited by Dr Elizabeth Frost. Discover scholarly articles, new ideas and book reviews in the field of Psycho-Social Studies.
Research ethics and governance
We have a Faculty Research Ethics Committee that is committed to promoting high ethical standards in the conduct of research undertaken by our staff and students.
The extent of research development in HAS was underlined by the results of the 2014 Research Excellence Framework when it led UWE Bristol submissions in:
- Allied Health Professions and Nursing (79% of the submissions deemed world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Agricultural, Veterinary and Food Science (63% world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Politics and International Studies (34% world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Social Work and Social Policy (46% world-leading or internationally excellent).
- Philosophy (43% world-leading or internationally excellent).
Professor Olena Doran
Associate Dean, Research