UWE Bristol Employability Bursary
This bursary is available to students undertaking certain employability activities.
About the bursary
The new UWE Bristol Employability Bursary aims to support students to access a range of activities, which will add significant value to the student experience, but also empower students to achieve better graduate outcomes.
There are 500 bursaries of £500 or £1,000 (depending on activity type) available in academic year 2020/2021. The bursary is allocated on a first come first served basis. This will be in addition to the UWE Bursary and will be paid as a lump sum of £1,000. You can only receive one Employability Bursary per year.
This bursary is for students who wish to undertake an eligible employability activity (please see list below).
To be eligible for this bursary you must:
- be an undergraduate student at UWE Bristol
- be a UK or EU student, pay UK student fees and receive a grant and/or loan from UK Student Finance
- have a household income of £25,000pa or below, as assessed by Student Finance
- have a confirmed place on one of the activities listed below.
Please note you must apply for and secure one of the activities below before completing the bursary form. Payment cannot be made unless your place has been confirmed by the provider and approved by UWE Bristol.
The following activities are eligible
- placements (ten weeks or longer to link with financial regulations on fees and funding including self-employed placements)
- Enterprise Summer Scholarships
- UWE Bristol undergraduate internships
- Spain Internships
- Pagoda Projects
- Play Action International (previously known as East African Playgrounds) Volunteer programme
- Think Pacific Fiji Programme
- Think Pacific Virtual Internship (£500 bursary)
- Study Abroad (student exchange)
- Project Zulu
- DAIGO Daughters of Africa