What to do in the event of an accident, emergency or fire, how to report anything that has made you feel upset or uncomfortable and how to raise a welfare concern about a student.

Accidents or emergencies

Emergency contacts, first aid guidance, defibrillator locations and how to report accidents.

What to do if there's an an emergency.



In the event of an emergency, please phone the University’s emergency number, which is +44 (0)117 328 9999 on a mobile phone or 9999 if you’re using a telephone connected to the University network. There are emergency red phones on campus for you to have direct contact with security staff.

Your call will be answered as a priority by staff trained to respond appropriately and provide assistance. They'll also arrange to guide emergency services to your location.

You can prefix the emergency number into your mobile phone, it is also recorded on the back of your university swipe card.

Something unsafe?

You can report anything that appears unsafe on a campus, either in person at an Information Point or by contacting the Estates and Facilities Helpdesk:

"There is a constant 24-hour security presence on site at UWE and they are fantastic in what they do."

Ethan, Student

Ethan Student