How and when to apply

Once you've picked out somewhere you would like to live, the next stage is to apply.

How to apply

Once you firmly accept an offer to study with us, we’ll send a message to your UWE Bristol welcome webpage, confirming your eligibility to apply for accommodation.

Our admissions team will email you an online application form once applications are live. You should submit as soon as possible.

We have a range of accommodation options on offer.

Theses preferences include.

  • Frenchay shared bathroom
  • Frenchay ensuite
  • City Centre shared bathroom
  • City Centre ensuite
  • Studio
  • Glenside/The Hollies shared bathroom

You must select all six options above in order of preference on your application.

Make sure you include an up-to-date email address and a mobile phone number in your UCAS information – as we’ll send all correspondence to it. Don’t use your school or college email address or an agent’s address, if you won’t have access to it in August and September.

When to apply

Accommodation applications will open 10 June 2023 at 15:00 BST.

You are now able to create your accommodation account.

To create this account you will need to go to the Accommodation Application Portal.

Once accommodation applications open in June and you have accepted your offer with us, you will receive an email inviting you to apply for accommodation. You will need to log in with the account you have previously made to submit your application.

Accommodation guarantee

UWE Bristol cannot guarantee accommodation for any applicant, including incoming students with a non-conditional offer. We recommend submitting your choices as early as possible when applications open to have the best chance at securing accommodation.

Late applicants

As long as you apply in good time there may still be vacancies and others may come up over the coming months. We can keep you up-to-date on that. However, it’s probably a good idea to start looking for private accommodation as well.

Who can apply

You can apply for University accommodation at UWE Bristol if you:

  • make us your first choice through UCAS, but not if we're your second/insurance choice
  • apply to us through Clearing (our accommodation team can keep you up to date on any vacancies that come up)
  • have not studied at UWE Bristol and lived in our accommodation before.

If you have lived in our accommodation during your foundation year or undergraduate degree, we can give you information on finding a home in the private sector.

Students with additional needs

We offer fully-accessible, adapted rooms on Frenchay Campus for students with additional needs. Make sure you apply early if you want one of these, however if you require adaptations to your accommodation, you can fill in the below form before applications open, so we are aware of any additional needs.

Accommodation Medical Questionnaire

Students with partners and families

If you're coming here with your partner, family or other dependants, we don't have enough rooms to accommodate them too. The same applies to students at associated institutions. Fortunately, there's lots of private rental property available in Bristol.

Alcohol-free environment

If you wish to live within an alcohol-free environment this can be requested in the additional information section of your application.

When living in an alcohol-free environment you are expected not to drink alcohol within the flat at any time. This includes not using alcohol for cooking or providing alcohol for guests. You can, however, store alcohol in your room and drink alcohol away from your flat.

By accepting an accommodation offer for an alcohol-free flat, you enter into an agreement not to drink alcohol in the flat. If we are notified that alcohol is being consumed in your flat, disciplinary action will be taken which could mean transferring you to alternative accommodation in any available UWE Bristol room.

Alcohol-free flats are for students who choose and apply to live in them – no student will be placed in an alcohol-free flat without prior notification.

Please note that we cannot guarantee an offer of alcohol-free accommodation to all applicants as it will depend on the date you have applied and the availability of this accommodation type.

Contract information

If you move into university-managed accommodation, you'll have a contract with us, which is legally binding. We'll email this to you when we send you your accommodation offer.

The contract sets out the terms and conditions of your residency. Please take the time to read these carefully.

Here's a summary of the main points you need to be aware of:

  • Your rental agreement is for 42 weeks. This includes Christmas and Easter breaks, so you won't need to vacate your room during the holidays.
  • If you leave the University, you need to give written notice (by completing a notice letter) and leave your accommodation.
  • If want to leave your accommodation but aren't leaving the University, you'll still need to pay the rent, unless a replacement student signs a new contract for your room. The replacement student is only eligible if they don't have an accommodation contract with UWE Bristol, HOST, Collegiate or Unite Students already.
  • See section 8 of the terms and conditions for the rules around being released from your rental agreement.

City centre accommodation

Our city centre accommodation is managed by Unite Students, Host Students and Collegiate. For details of their terms and conditions, please email: