How to apply for accommodation

How do you apply for accommodation? Will you definitely get a place to stay? What if you've got additional needs? It's all covered here...

Application process

Accommodation in a nutshell

If you're a full-time first year student who has accepted an offer – and you apply by 25 June – your place to stay is sorted (as long as you meet the conditions in our accommodation guarantee). More on that below.

Accessible accommodation

We have comfy adapted rooms for students with additional needs

Accommodation guarantee

We will guarantee you a place in University-approved accommodation if you’re applying to be a full-time student at UWE Bristol for the first time.

There are four criteria for this. You need to:

  • Accept our offer through UCAS – and make us your first choice.
  • Apply for your accommodation before 25 June 
  • Agree to take a single occupancy room for the full letting period.
  • Accept our offer of accommodation and pay your deposit within five days of receiving it.


How and when to apply

Once you’ve considered your options and decided where you’d like to live, the next stage is to apply. We can help you through the process, step by step.

How and when to apply
Two students chatting in student room