What to expect from an On Campus Open Day
An On Campus Open Day is your chance to find out what’s waiting for you at UWE Bristol.
We look forward to welcoming you to our next On Campus Open Day in Spring 2022.
Can’t wait 'til Spring? Join us at our January Virtual Open Day and see what UWE Bristol has to offer from the comfort of your own home.
What to expect
No other event brings our campuses to life quite like an On Campus Open Day and we can’t wait to show you around. From subject-specific talks and taster sessions, to sessions on accommodation, fees and funding and the application process. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to explore our campuses, chat to our students and staff and see for yourself what it’s really like to study here.
What will you get from an Open Day at UWE Bristol?
Get a feel for the campus
An Open Day gives you the opportunity to explore our campuses and surroundings. You can attend one of our campus tours led by one of our student ambassadors, or if you prefer to go at your own pace, you can pick up a copy of our self-guided tour.
Before you arrive
To help keep our whole community safe, we're retaining some of our COVID-19 measures at UWE Bristol. Please read our expectations before arriving on campus. Discover more about our latest general coronavirus guidance.
See where you could live
Get a feel for student living, whether it’s on campus at Frenchay or Glenside, or in our city centre accommodation.
Talk things through face-to-face
Our expert staff will be on hand to give you all the information you need and help guide you through the decision process.
Find out more about your course
Talk to academic staff from a range of courses and discuss what's best for you.
Talk through your options
There will be talks and drop-in sessions where you can find out about:
- careers and employability, volunteering and placements
- money advice and funding
- Disability Service, Wellbeing Service, dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) support
- student accommodation
- The Students' Union at UWE.
Chat to Student Ambassadors
Get an honest view of life at UWE Bristol. No-one knows a university better than its students.
How to plan your day
Visit our Open Day page to view upcoming events and pick the one that is most relevant to you. Follow the steps to fill in some details and book your place for one of our On Campus Open Days.
You will either be asked to book your course talks and university service sessions at the point of signing up, or at a later date via email. Complete this step to build your day and schedule dedicated slots to speak to academic and professional services staff.
- Check our course listings to find out which department/campus you need to visit and the latest entry requirements for your course. When you register you will be able to create your own programme. Just use the tab to choose the subject area and all the relevant sessions will be listed. Don’t forget to book your campus tour or support service talks too.
- You can download a copy a week in advance to help you plan your day. We will give you a printed copy of the Open Day programme on the day. This is an opportunity to see if there are any other sessions you may want to book onto and to view the drop-ins that are happening throughout the day.
- Think about what tours and talks you want to attend. We recommend that you prioritise the subject sessions you want to attend first then fit the general sessions and tours/visits around them.
- Remember to think about where you want to live and plan a visit. Whether it’s on campus at Frenchay or Glenside, or in our city centre accommodation. Depending on the campus you may need to book these visits.
There will be academics, student ambassadors and professional staff present so you will be able to find the answers to any questions you may have, so thinking about these in advance is a great idea. It depends on which course you're interested in and what you want from your university experience, but some topics could include:
- what the university is looking for in your personal statement and UCAS application, if you are still in the process of completing one
- common career paths for graduates from your course of interest
- the variety of modules you will be able to study on your course
- how the course is assessed
- what different accommodation options are available
- opportunities for placements and extra-curricular activities that compliment your course
- what societies you can join.
Our Open Days are relaxed so feel free to dress casually. You'll probably be doing quite a bit of walking so wear comfy shoes and bring an umbrella just in case.
There’s lots to see and do on an Open Day, so arrive early if you can. Our sign-in points are open from 09:00 at Frenchay and 09:30 at City and Glenside.
When you arrive, make your way to the sign-in areas. There will be signs, staff and student ambassadors (dressed in blue t-shirts) to help direct you.
Check your booking session info for location and sign in points. We have three main campuses in Bristol: Frenchay Campus, Glenside Campus and City Campus, as well as Bristol Zoo – look at the map and directions relevant to you.
There's a variety of social spaces, cafes, restaurants, and shops on our campuses so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to refuel and top up your water bottle.
- You'll find complimentary tea and coffee in the Information and Advice Zone and Faculty areas.
- At Frenchay, City and Glenside Campuses, all The Students' Union at UWE shops and bars will be open.