Expectations upon students
What we expect from you in order to make the most out of your experience at UWE Bristol and ensure your future success.
Learning and education
- manage your own learning and familiarise yourself with the requirements of your programme, including any relevant professional codes of conduct, see the Behaviour and health framework for students (PDF).
- actively engage with all aspects of your programme
- reflect upon your own learning and research activities and the academic feedback you receive
- actively participate in opportunities to evaluate your educational experience through programme questionnaires, student surveys, and the student representation system.
Support and welfare
- actively engage with extra-curricular activities to support our University community, enhance your student experience and boost your employability
- acknowledge when things are not going so well and seek the advice and support of the appropriate support service, and encourage fellow students to do the same.
Environment and community
- act as an ambassador for the University when undertaking a work, study or professional placement
- act as a responsible member of our University community both on and off campus; show respect for other students, staff, and members of the wider community
- be professional in your communications, including in the use of social media
- regularly monitor your UWE Bristol email account and MYUWE, respond promptly to requests for information, and keep your contact details up to date.
- comply with all University regulations, policies and procedures, including deadlines and specified format for the submission of work, and guidance on good scholarship
- follow the University's procedures for registering and paying your tuition fees.