Expectations upon students
What we expect from you in order to make the most out of your experience at UWE Bristol and ensure your future success.
Learning and education
- manage your own learning and familiarise yourself with the requirements of your programme, including any relevant professional codes of conduct
- actively engage with all aspects of your programme
- reflect upon your own learning and research activities and the academic feedback you receive
- actively participate in opportunities to evaluate your educational experience through programme questionnaires, student surveys, and the student representation system.
Support and welfare
- actively engage with extra-curricular activities to support our University community, enhance your student experience and boost your employability
- acknowledge when things are not going so well and seek the advice and support of the appropriate support service, and encourage fellow students to do the same.
Environment and community
- act as an ambassador for the University when undertaking a work, study or professional placement
- act as a responsible member of our University community both on and off campus; show respect for other students, staff, and members of the wider community
- be professional in your communications, including in the use of social media
- regularly monitor your UWE Bristol email account and the myUWE portal, respond promptly to requests for information, and keep your contact details up to date.
- comply with all University regulations, policies and procedures, including deadlines and specified format for the submission of work, and guidance on good scholarship
- follow the University's procedures for registering and paying your tuition fees.
You may also be interested in
Advice on academic-related issues and what to do if something happens which affects your studies.
The Students' Union at UWE
From clubs and societies to advice and jobs, there is something for everyone.