Planning, writing and editing your work
- Assignment planner – use this tool to create a personalised schedule for each of your written assignments.
- How to improve your work before submitting – tips, tools and areas to focus on to help you improve your work before you hand it in.
- How to plan and structure your writing – analyse your assignment title, organise your thoughts and structure your paragraphs.
- How to put your reading into your writing – summarise your research, identify themes in your reading and bring it all together in a structured paragraph.
- Literature reviews workbook – an introduction to the process of writing a literature review, which includes video guidance with perspectives from each college.
- How to write reflectively – how reflective writing can help you with your learning and methods to achieve it.
- Report writing – understand the techniques of report writing, an important academic and work-place skill.
- Creating an academic poster – this resource will help if you are producing a poster for a conference, tutorial or a poster presentation for assessment.
- Writing in an academic style – common features of academic writing style, including being cautious, being formal and being concise and precise
Reading lists to help you develop your writing
We have curated reading lists of library books and external resources to help you to develop your writing skills.
- Plan and structure your writing – this resource list complements the library workshop: 'How to plan and structure your writing.'
- Put your reading into your writing – this resource list complements the library workshop: 'How to put your reading into your writing.'
- Reflective writing – suggested further reading and videos to help you with your reflective writing assignments.
- Report writing – suggested further reading to help when you are writing reports. This resource list complements the report writing workbook.
- Literature reviews – suggested further reading to help you when writing literature reviews.