Planning, writing and editing your work
- How to put your reading into your writing: Summarise your research, identify themes in your reading and bring it all together in a structured paragraph.
- How to plan and structure your writing: Analyse your assignment title, organise your thoughts and structure your paragraphs.
- How to improve your work before submitting: tips, tools and areas to focus on to help you improve your work before you hand it in.
- Assignment planner: Use this tool to create a personalised schedule for each of your written assignments.
- Reflective writing: How reflective writing can help you with your learning, and methods to achieve this.
- Report writing: Understand the techniques of report writing, an important academic and workplace skill.
- Technical report writing guide: Understand some of the conventions of technical report writing, such as formatting and the use of technical data and language.
- Literature reviews workbook: An introduction to the process of writing a literature review that includes video guidance with perspectives from each faculty.
- Video essays guide: Provides guidance for those who would like to produce a video essay as part of their assignments.
Reading lists to help you develop your writing
We have curated reading lists of library books and external resources to help you to develop your writing skills.
- Plan and structure your writing: This resource list complements the library workshop called 'How to plan and structure your writing'.
- Put your reading into your writing: This resource list complements the library workshop called 'How to put your reading into your writing'.
- Reflective writing: Suggested further reading and videos to help you with your reflective writing assignments.
- Report writing: Suggested further reading to help when you are writing reports. This resource list complements the report writing workbook.