How specialist mentoring can help
Read about the benefits
Specialist mentoring focuses on developing strategies in the following areas:
- managing and organising time effectively
- planning and prioritising workload
- setting realistic goals and working towards achieving them
- developing motivation and morale
- tackling focus and concentration issues
- coping with anxiety in stress situations
- creating a suitable work-life balance
- working on strategies to improve attendance and engagement
- improving social and communication skills
- managing impact of condition on wellbeing
- accessing appropriate services within the University and local area.
"My mentor was superb in listening to any and all challenges I faced within my degree, and she always provided practical suggestions to help me overcome them. Her endless encouragement motivated me to achieve the best I could and helped me develop greater confidence in myself."
What you need to do
Contact the AWE admin team
If you have any questions or want to book your mentoring support please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0)117 328 2037
1D15 UWE Frenchay Campus
Bristol, BS16 1QY
Opening hours:Monday to Thursday 09:00–17:00
Specialist mentoring is available at all UWE Bristol campuses. Remote sessions can also be arranged if required.
For some students, specialist mentoring will only be required at certain points in their course. For others, it may be required more regularly and phased out over time as you become more confident and independent.
Specialist mentors are highly qualified professionals with experience in related mental health professions. They also have experience of university life and the demands of academic study. You’ll work with your specialist mentor to develop an action plan on the best way forward. You’ll be encouraged to tap into the full range of support options available at UWE Bristol.
The Wellbeing Service do not routinely write personal circumstance letters unless you are currently receiving support from our services.
Please read our Wellbeing Service personal circumstances policy for more information.