The University arranges cleaning of communal entrance lobbies, staircases and lifts. External (grounds) cleaning is also provided. We do not provide cleaning within flats/houses, except within the town houses at Wallscourt Park where the communal areas are cleaned weekly.
Definition and frequency
Cleaning frequency definitions
|Week days every day||Monday to Friday (not including Bank Holidays), between 09:00–17:00|
|Once weekly||Once a week on a set day, not including Bank Holidays|
|Twice weekly||Twice per week, not including Bank Holidays|
|Monthly||Once a month|
|Entrance lobbies||Week days|
|Staircases||At least once weekly|
|Lift lobbies||At least once weekly|
|Bin stores||At least once weekly|
After cleaning, the below areas should reach the following standards:
- Free from litter and waste on the floor
- Free from litter and waste, all waste receptacles empty
- Floors clean and free from dust, dirt and debris
- All furniture, fixtures and fittings clean and free from dust, dirt, marks and soap residue
Communal entrance lobbies/lifts/staircases/bicycle stores
- Free from litter and waste – all waste receptacles empty
- Floors clean and free from dust, dirt, debris and marks
- Doors and surrounds clean and free from dust, dirt, marks, stickers and posters
- All low-level surfaces clean and free from dust, dirt, marks and grease
- All furniture, fixtures and fittings clean and free from dust, dirt, marks and smears
Your cleaning responsibilities
You are responsible for cleaning your room, the kitchen, bath/shower rooms and any other areas within the flat or house. As part of the regular checks conducted by Accommodation Services, we monitor cleaning standards. Charges may be incurred if the accommodation is not kept to an acceptable standard.Inspections and safety checks
You may also be interested in
The UWE Bristol accommodation team are here to help you so please get in contact with us if you would like further assistance.
Behaviour management in accommodation
Behaviour management and intervention processes in UWE Bristol student accommodation. It includes anti-social behaviour, drugs and fire disciplinary guides.
Inspections and safety checks
We carry out routine safety checks, cleanliness inspections and fire drills.