Applying for a visa

Find out which visa you need, and how to apply.

Student route of the new points-based system

This visa is for you if:

  • you need permission to enter the UK, and
  • you want to study a course that lasts more than six months.

Use the government's interactive tool to check whether you need a visa.

Apply for a student visa

Apply from outside the UK

Applicants who need permission to enter the UK and who plan to study on a full-time course of more than six months will need a student visa.

Apply inside the UK

Information for international students who are currently based in the UK but need to apply for, switch to, or extend a student visa.

You may also be interested in