Visas and immigration

You've chosen UWE Bristol. And we're here for you when it comes to visas and immigration. Find the guidance you need.

Applying for a visa

Apply for a visa and find out which visa you need to start your course at UWE Bristol.

Applying for a visa
Students working together on a laptop

Arriving in the UK

What to expect when going through immigration and customs, including the documents you'll need, plus information about collecting your biometric residence permit (BRP) once you reach Bristol.

Arriving in the UK
Woman pulling a suitcase across the tarmac next to a plane

Biometric Residence Permits

Information about BRPs, including what do do if it is lost

Biometric Residence Permits
Group of students in a lecture theatre.

Bringing your family

Advice on bringing family or your partner to the UK with your student visa. 

Bringing your family
parents walking with their young child

Working and travelling with your visa

Working in the UK

Working conditions for international students are complicated and the consequences for working illegally in the UK are severe. Read important information and guidance on working in the UK with your visa.

International travel

Want to travel during your free time? It's possible – find out more about the Schengen Visa Scheme and other visas you may need.

Extending or renewing your visa

If you need to extend your student visa – or apply for a new one – here's an overview of what you need to know and your next steps.

Extending or applying for new visas
A student working at a computer