Advice for UWE Bristol's International College students

Visas for continuing students

  • If you're joining us from UWE Bristol's International College (UWEBIC), you’ll need to apply for a new visa.
  • Make your application as soon as you've completed your pathway course – you won't be able to start your new course at UWE Bristol until you have.
  • It is important to check the application requirements carefully – some have strict deadlines. For example, if the gap between your current visa expiry and the start of your main course at UWE Bristol is longer than 28 days, you must make your visa application in your home country.
  • The Immigration Advice Service runs dedicated webinars (InfoHub required) for students progressing from UWEBIC to their main course at UWE Bristol, but we also encourage you to contact us directly for tailored advice – the earlier the better so you can confidently meet all the deadlines.

Applying for a new visa

You don't need to wait to receive a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) for your main award before you start to prepare your documents for your visa application.

Read our advice on applying for a student visa inside the UK.

Got a question? Please contact our friendly team.