Linking with communities
With around 30,000 students living, studying, working and travelling in and around our campuses, community liaison is high on our agenda.
Find out how we are strengthening links with our local communities and who to contact if you want to get in touch.
Community Together Fund
The fund is run by the Community Liaison Team and offers grants of up to £250 for projects linking students, local residents, community organisations and local agencies.
Activities and campaigns
We have started a Student Community Partnership with The Students' Union at UWE, the Bristol City Council's Safer Bristol and the police. The group will promote the huge benefits students bring to Bristol, and also address any issues raised by residents and community groups.
Supporting community integration
UWE Bristol is committed to ensuring students integrate well into the local community. We provide helpful advice and guidance to students to raise awareness of their responsibilities towards other members of the community, whether they are in UWE Bristol managed accommodation or private accommodation.
Bristol Student Community Partnership
The Bristol Student Community Partnership has been established to increase community confidence by bringing together partners and provide a co-ordinated approach to promote student/community relations and cohesion, in the context of the positive contribution of both universities in Bristol. It is run by Bristol City Council, the University of Bristol and the University of the West of England.
Our other activities include:
- introduction of the Stoke Park parking restrictions scheme
- promotion of the UWE Bristol Sport facilities among the local community
- talks by the campus police officer on student safety and security
- providing information to students about private rented accommodation, eg what to look for, tenancy agreements and responsibilities
- annual waste campaign to target student waste left at the end of the academic year in partnership with Bristol University and Bristol City Council. For information visit the Facebook page
- other activities that are funded by the Community Together Fund.
You may also be interested in
Find out more about our on-site police officer and how to report a crime or incident.
Student life at UWE Bristol is what you make of it. Clubs, societies, friends, support are all there for you.
Campus and facilities
Over the last five years, we've invested £300 million into our state-of-the-art facilities. Creating the most effective and empowering setting for our students and people to discover their potential.