How to register

  1. Step 1

    Once you have satisfied all admissions requirements, we'll send you your login details for our IT systems to the email address that we've been using to communicate with you.

    Please follow the instructions to activate your account once you’ve received your login details.

    Once your account has been activated, we’ll send all future communications to your University email account (you can find it through myUWE, the student portal). Make sure that you check it regularly.

  2. Step 2

    Once your account has been activated, you’ll be able to register online through the 'Registration' tab in myUWE.

    Guidance on how to register online and confirm your personal details is available in myUWE.

    Registration will involve confirming personal details and agreeing to the UWE Bristol Terms and Conditions.

Registration: step by step

A step by step guide detailing how to register for your course, along with the different payment options available.

Information about registration and funding

Find out how to register whether you are a new, returning or international student.

Information for new students

Receiving your ID card

When you register online via myUWE, make sure you upload a photo for your ID card.

We will post your ID card to your term-time address, so please ensure it is correct in myUWE. If your term time and home address is the same, please duplicate it.

Fees and funding

If you’re a home or EU student who is eligible to receive student finance, you’ll need to apply online before the start of your course to ensure you receive funding by the start of term.

When you register online in myUWE, we confirm your registration to Student Finance, and this releases the funds to you within three to five working days after the payment date on your loan schedule, providing you register prior to the course start date.

If eligible, your loan will be in two parts (tuition fee loan and maintenance loan). Maintenance loans for first year students are not released on the first day at University, so make sure you have available funds to tide you over until your first loan payment comes through.

If you’re a carer, care leaver, estranged from your parents, a refugee or asylum seeker, financial support is available from UWE Cares.

If you have a question about your funding, please contact the Student Money Service or visit our fees and funding pages.  

Having trouble registering?

Unable to access your login details?

Check your junk box in the email address you used for your university application or contact

DBS checks preventing registration?

Please contact Admissions.

Getting the message that your fees cannot be calculated?

You can stop at that point as you should then be provisionally registered, and then complete the Fees Self Help form.

Your fees are incorrect on MyUWE?

If you believe that your fees are incorrect on MyUWE when you try to register, please complete the Fees Self Help form.

Your mode of attendance is noted as sandwich?

Please note that all students start off with their mode of attendance noted as sandwich. Following your second year of study, should you choose not to take a placement year, your mode of attendance will automatically be updated by the University to the full course length. 

Students at partner institutions

Your registration arrangements will be made by the partner institution you’re studying with.

Not taking up your place at UWE Bristol?

If your plans have changed and you’re not intending to take up your place this year, please let us know by completing this online form before the first day of your course. If we receive your notification after the start of term, you may be liable to pay a proportion of the annual tuition fees (see the UWE Bristol Tuition Fee Policy).

Additional information

Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)

Please contact Admissions about setting up DBS checks.

Name changes

You will be registered under your given first name(s) and family name. Not all name changes will be allowed. 

In the UK, the name will always be given name(s) first followed by the family name eg:

Given name: John

Middle name: Henry

Family name: Doe

Registered name: John Henry Doe.

Your UWE Bristol student ID card will only show two names (given name followed by family name).



Recent placement agreements will take a few days to action and show in myUWE.

Registering on two programmes

If you are currently registered on a course with us (for example, pre-sessional English), you will only be able to register on your next course once it’s been confirmed that you’ve completed the original one.

Sandwich courses

If your course is showing you as on a sandwich course, this is because the course is normally designated as a sandwich degree and all students are registered as sandwich until they decide not to take a placement in their third year and transfer at that point to the full-time route of the course.

If you’re going on or returning from a sandwich placement, the ‘Registration’ tab in myUWE will be available to you before the start of term, depending on whether you’re awaiting the results of any re-assessments. It’s crucial that you register for your sandwich placement year and make arrangements to pay any fees so you can get student finance funding. Failure to register will also affect your access to UWE Bristol systems.

Transferring courses

Take a look at our information about changing courses. We suggest speaking to a Student Support Adviser to talk through your options.

Once approved, transfer requests are updated regularly so please check again in a couple of days.