Your info

Your info in MYUWE shows the details we hold about you.

Go to MYUWE Your info

Your details

This area contains information about you

Personal details

You are able to edit some of these details by selecting 'Edit your details':

  • Preferred first name
  • Personal email
  • Mobile number
  • SMS opt-out: Get optional SMS (texts) from UWE Bristol about lecture cancellations, room changes, and module choice deadlines. If opted out, you may still receive SMS in an emergency or from The Students’ Union at UWE. To find out more, visit The Students' Union at UWE website.
  • Ethnicity or ethnic background
  • Religion or belief
  • Sexual orientation
  • Trans status
  • Disability status: if you have selected an impairment, health condition or learning difference, provide us with your evidence using our disability self-help and enquiry form if you have not done so already. You can find out more on our Disability support web pages.

You are not able to change any of the following details in MYUWE. Use the Personal details self-help form to change these:

  • Surname
  • Given name(s)
  • Student number
  • Date of birth
  • Gender
  • Certificate name: If you can see unusual characters in your Certificate name, it may be as a result of your browser and the way it displays some character sets. For more information about how your name will appear on your certificate, go to our Graduating students web page.
  • Nationality
  • Student support number (SLC or SAAS number)
  • Disability allowance: if the information about your disability allowance is wrong, use our online enquiry form.  

Reasonable adjustments

We have a duty to make reasonable adjustments to make sure disabled students are not disadvantaged. Any reasonable adjustments to exams and teaching you have will be shown in this section. Individual reasonable adjustments to deadlines and some other reasonable adjustments, such as access to support workers, will not be shown here.

If the adjustments in this section are wrong, or you'd like to talk to us about reasonable adjustments, use our online enquiry form

For more information on the types of support available, see our Disability support web pages.

If you need reasonable adjustments for exams, you must apply as soon as possible. Deadlines can be found on our Apply for a reasonable adjustment web page.

Impact statement

An impact statement is a short paragraph about your impairment or caring responsibilities, any impact on your studies, and the strategies you have in place. This is shared with your teaching team so that they can support you. You can view your impact statement in MYUWE Your info.

Alumni network

When you complete your course, you will become a member of the UWE Bristol Alumni network and some of your personal information will be shared with the Alumni team. This information will be processed by UWE Bristol in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act 2018.

Find more information on the Alumni web pages.


We need a record of your home and term-time address. Important items like certificates will be sent to your home address. Make sure that you enter your addresses correctly and keep them up to date.

  • Your home address is your permanent residence in your home country.
  • Your term address is where you live while studying at UWE Bristol.

Add or change an address

To change your address, add a new one. To add an address:

  1. Go to Your info in MYUWE.
  2. In Your details, select the 'Addresses' tab.
  3. Select 'Add new address'.
  4. Enter the address details and select 'Search'. Find the address in the list.

There are four address types: home, term, work and placement. You can only add one of each, except placement, where you can have both a residential and a work placement address. 

MYUWE cannot validate international or some new UK building addresses. If you cannot find the correct address, contact us.

Remove an address

Only future addresses can be removed. To remove a future address, select 'Remove'. 

If you need to update your current address, add a new one.

Fees and payments

Owed by you

This section shows payments owed by you and is split into:

  • tuition fees
  • accommodation fees
  • other.

This section includes invoices payable by Direct Debit or payment plan. It also shows any overpayments that have been made.

Only invoices that have been processed by the Finance department are included in this summary. You could owe the University other money, such as Library fines that have not yet been invoiced.

All amounts that are due now must be paid as soon as possible. You can pay all due items by selecting the 'View details and pay online' button.

If you need help, contact us.

Owed by your sponsor

If you only have one sponsor, then the sponsor name will be displayed. If you have more than one sponsor, the name will be ‘You have multiple sponsors’.

The financial position of your sponsors is for information only. However, if your sponsor does not pay, you may become personally liable.

Payment methods

Current payment arrangements include Direct Debits and recurring card payments (RCP).

Direct Debits (DD)

You can set up or edit Direct Debits in MYUWE by selecting the button. 

If you have set up your Direct Debit and UWE Bristol has processed your invoice, the next payment date and amount will be displayed. If you think there may be problems collecting the payment on the date shown, contact us

Recurring card payments (RCP)

Recurring card payments (RCPs) work in the same way as Direct Debits, but payments are taken from a debit or credit card. The next payment date and amount is displayed with your payment plan reference number.

Recurring card payments can only be set up for accommodation fees or by request with Income Operations. If you would like help with your recurring card payments, contact us.

Your documents


Your documents in MYUWE Your info is where you access your personalised documents. The documents available will depend on your award record.

Council Tax certificate

If you're a full-time student, you can print a Council Tax certificate from MYUWE to prove you are exempt from Council Tax. The certificate includes a unique hyperlink that councils can use to verify the certificate.


If you meet the government criteria, you should be able to produce a Council Tax certificate.

Some students in our School of Health and Social Wellbeing who are eligible for a Council Tax Certificate will not have it available in MYUWE.

You can find more information about eligibility on the UWE Bristol certificates page.

If you believe you meet the requirements and cannot download a certificate, contact us through the Council Tax query form.

Student status letter

If you need to prove your student status at UWE Bristol to a third party, you can download a letter in MYUWE.

If you need the letter to be officially stamped or signed by UWE Bristol, contact an Information Point.

You should not use a MYUWE student status letter for immigration or visa purposes, or Council Tax exemption.


Most students can download a student status letter. If you cannot download a letter, contact an Information Point.

Postgraduate research students

If you are a postgraduate research student, contact the Doctoral Academy to request a student status letter. Find the contact details on the Doctoral Academy web page.

School of Health and Social Care students

Students registered on the BSc (Hons) Midwifery 78 week course (B711A) will not be able to produce a student status letter. Students registered on this award should request a student status letter from an Information Point.

Bank letter

To open a UK bank account, you may need a UWE Bristol bank letter.

Different banks may need different documents to open an account, but they all need to verify who you are and where you live. Check with your chosen bank for further information.

For study abroad students, banks may accept a standard student status letter which is available from MYUWE. Check with your chosen bank.

See our Banking and finances web page for more information.


You will be able to download a UWE Bristol bank letter if:

  • you are eligible to register or have registered on an award
  • both your UK term time and international residential addresses are on MYUWE.

If you believe you meet the criteria but cannot download a letter, contact an Information Point.

Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)

The HEAR is an electronic report about your academic achievements and extracurricular activities during your time at UWE Bristol.

Read more on our HEAR web page.


Your HEAR applies each award for which you have, or have had a registration at UWE Bristol. You can download a PDF for each eligible award.

When you complete your studies, your HEAR must be downloaded within 42 days of confirmation of your award (the final exam board date). It is not possible to produce a copy of your HEAR once this deadline has passed.

Student card

For information about the names we will use on your student card, visit our new students registration web page.

Upload a student card ID photo

You must upload a photo to get your student ID card. You should do this as soon as you receive your UWE Bristol email address and password.

Existing students who already have a student ID card can also update their photo. Uploading a replacement photograph does not produce a new student ID card.

Uploading your photo

You may find it easier to use a computer to upload your ID photo.

  1. From the Your info in MYUWE, go to the 'Student card' tab under 'Your documents'.
  2. Select the 'Upload a photo' link.
  3. Select the 'Upload a photo' button.
  4. Select 'Choose file' to locate your image and then select 'Upload'.
  5. Your image will appear in an example student ID card. Adjust the image to fit within the borders. Use the 'Rotate photo' button if your image is the wrong way around.
  6. When you're finished, select 'Crop photo'. If you're happy, select 'Use this Photo'.
  7. To continue with the upload, select 'Use this photo' or select 'Start again' to cancel your changes. Once you have submitted an application, you cannot start another one until we have created your student ID.
  8. You will be told how to collect your ID card when you arrive at UWE Bristol.
Photo requirements

We need a passport-style photo. Your photo must be:

  • recent
  • in colour
  • of your full head, facing forward
  • without glasses, hat, or head covering (unless worn for religious or medical reasons)
  • taken against a light background
  • at least 293 pixels wide by 328 pixels high
  • no larger than 10MB in file size
  • in .jpg or .png format
Uploading on a mobile phone

You may find it difficult to use the crop function of the photo upload tool on mobile. If you're having problems, try using your phone's photo editor to crop the image before uploading. You should also make sure the image meets our requirements. We are working to improve this functionality.

Get help with uploading your photo

If you are unable to use the photo upload facility, email

Order a new ID card

If you have lost or broken your existing student ID card, you can order a replacement card on the UWE Bristol online store. If you want to change your photo, upload a new image first. Once you have placed an order, visit an Information Point on any campus to collect it.

Use of your personal data

The processing of this personal data is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 as explained in our registration terms and conditions.

Your photographs will be used only for legitimate identification purposes connected with your studies, health and safety, student accommodation and security.

They will not be disclosed to any third party.

UWE Bristol contacts

This section of MYUWE contains useful contacts.

Personal tutor

Your academic personal tutor is an integral part of your studies at UWE Bristol, giving you a one-to-one relationship with a member of staff to help you with your academic studies. More details can be found on our Academic Personal Tutor programme web pages.

For most students based at Frenchay or Glenside Campus, you will see your tutor in MYUWE once your timetable has been published. This does not apply if you're in year 3 studying applied sciences.

Your personal tutor is able to see your:

  • UWE Bristol email address
  • student number and user ID
  • timetable
  • modules and marks
  • awards and results

If you cannot see your tutor in MYUWE, use our Timetable self-help form.

Meeting notes

When you speak to your personal tutor, they will take meeting notes, which you must read and approve. These notes will appear in MYUWE. Meeting notes will always be available even if your tutor changes.

When meeting notes have been added for you to approve, you will see an orange banner in the Personal tutor tab in MYUWE Your info. To view the meeting note, select the 'Review' button.

If you agree with the notes, select 'Approve'. If you disagree with the notes, do not approve them. Contact your personal tutor instead. 

Your personal tutor can edit your meeting notes until you approve them. Once you have approved the notes, your personal tutor will not be able to make any changes to them.

No tutor

If you do not have a tutor but you have meeting notes that you do not agree with, wait until you have been assigned a new tutor. You can then contact your new tutor to change the notes.

Student Reps

UWE Bristol contacts in MYUWE Your info shows your Student Reps. If you are registered on more than one programme you will see all programmes listed.

If a Student Rep shares a timetabled activity with you, the icon will appear.

Some programmes have several student representatives at each level so you may see a long list of student representatives. It doesn’t matter who you contact but you may want to contact a Student Rep who is at the same level (or year) as you.

If you are interested in becoming a Student Rep, visit The Students' Union at UWE website. If you are a Student Rep and you do not appear on the list, contact The Students’ Union at UWE Student Reps coordinators at

Your emergency contacts

In an emergency, for example if you're seriously ill or involved in an accident, we may reach out to your trusted emergency contact. This is normally with your permission. This helps us reduce the potential risks and to enhance the support available to you.

You must enter details of at least one person who we can contact.

We will use your emergency contacts in the order they are shown on MYUWE, starting with the contact listed first. Please keep your details up to date.

Add an emergency contact

To add an emergency contact, select 'Add new contact'. Add the contact details in the new window. You must add at least a name and phone number.

Change an emergency contact

You can edit your emergency contacts by selecting 'Edit' or 'Remove'. If you have more than one contact listed, you can move the order of your contacts using the arrow buttons. 

Help with MYUWE

Find the right contact for your query.

Technical help

If you:

  • have forgotten your email address, username or password
  • are getting an error message on MYUWE
  • have a question about Blackboard.

Contact the IT Service Desk on +44(0)117 32 83612 or email More help is also available on the IT Services web pages.

Can't log in

If you cannot access MYUWE, contact the IT Service Desk for help.

If your UWE Bristol account has recently been updated or modified (for example, you have requested a change to your email address) and you can't access MYUWE, wait 24 hours and try again.

You can access MYUWE on most PC or mobile devices. If you are having issues, make sure your browser and operating system are up to date and you have enabled cookies and JavaScript.

Staff MYUWE access

Staff cannot access the new MYUWE platform. To visit old MYUWE, use the old MYUWE link

For more help with MYUWE, see our staff guidance.

Graduate MYUWE access

You will be able to log in to MYUWE with your email address for up to 12 months after you have achieved your award. However, some information such as your personal details and your marks and awards will only be available in MYUWE for 120 days after you achieve your award or withdraw from the University.

More information can be found on our IT guidance for graduating students web page.

Timetable help

If your timetable is missing or displaying incorrect information, complete the Timetable self-help form which will then be sent to the Timetabling team.

Registration help

For help with registration, find your Registration and student record contacts.

MYUWE details help

Contact our Registration and student record contacts for questions related to:

  • Personal details like your name, title, addresses, or contact details.
  • Module enrolments, Blackboard, timetable or exam timetable.
  • Council Tax certificates or student status letters.

Marks and awards help

Contact your Student and Programme Support team if you have a query about your marks or results.

General help

If your enquiry is not related to MYUWE, you can find UWE Bristol contacts on our How to contact us page.